DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

Have a feeling we will still see Clemson in the playoffs.  Unless they actually do give a non Power conference team a chance for once.  but their defense is their biggest issue not Trevor Lawrence not playing

Given the mass of humanity at the end of the game, those Notre Dame COVID tests this week are going to interesting

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, Mister TV said:

Notre Dame is going to regret not going for 2 at the end of regulation. Also with the reviews and injuries SNL is going to start really really late. 

I set SNL an Hour over since I know College Football can last FOREVER with all the replays. 

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I feel bad for the doctors in South Bend in about 5-7 days... 

EmRn5IxXEAIH7aV?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah...my wife wasn't happy about this. She's worked 20 hours each day this week.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

That might be one of the best tackles by a kicker to save a TD in many years.  Oh never mind he wasn't the kicker.   So he should have been able to do that

He's the punter/holder so basically same thing. 

46 minutes ago, EVA said:

A lot of Bama beat writers are dropping ominous ? tweets this morning.  Seems like something could be brewing ahead of Bama/LSU this weekend.

There it is:

• Like 1

If you are LSU and you went on 60 MINUTES and told everyone that a ton of your players got COVID months ago you would be a little smarter.   But unfortunately with COIVD you can use "you would be a little smarter" line on tons of people and history can show they won't 

So is LSU the first major sports team to have 2 major COVID outbreaks.  I mean even the Miami Marlins only had one bad one if I remember

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

If you are LSU and you went on 60 MINUTES and told everyone that a ton of your players got COVID months ago you would be a little smarter.   But unfortunately with COIVD you can use "you would be a little smarter" line on tons of people and history can show they won't 

So is LSU the first major sports team to have 2 major COVID outbreaks.  I mean even the Miami Marlins only had one bad one if I remember

I think the biggest problem is that we still don't really know shit about the virus.  We don't know whether or not you can only get it once.  We don't really know if you can be a carrier without testing positive.  We don't know any long term effects (there was a report from Oxford that as many as 20% of people have been diagnosed with some sort of mental illness after testing positive).  We just know that people will lose money if they don't play football, so here the fuck we are.  

Is there a place we can go and get a listing of total number of positive tests for college football?  I'd really like to know just how many people this has affected.

• Like 1

Even if there was a list of players in college football, it is a list that is provided by the team.  Even the team doctors can't be 100% trusted in some of these school.   For every three or four players that is listed as a positive test I am sure there is 1 that isn't whether they aren't starters or they are trying to hide something.  

38 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Even if there was a list of players in college football, it is a list that is provided by the team.  Even the team doctors can't be 100% trusted in some of these school.   For every three or four players that is listed as a positive test I am sure there is 1 that isn't whether they aren't starters or they are trying to hide something.  

I remember talking to a coworker during the entire Kawhi Leonard/San Antonio Spurs saga.  He thought that Kawhi should just listen to the doctors and start playing again.  I have always thought that you should be distrustful of doctors who answer to someone else other than the patient.  They can tell you anything, because ultimately you aren't in charge.  Fuck this entire system.  The only people these kids can depend on to look out for their safety is the most untrustworthy group of people on the planet.

• Like 2