DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

On 10/28/2020 at 11:25 AM, Zimbra said:

Wisconsin vs Nebraska has been cancelled.  Six Badger players and six coaches, including Chryst, have tested positive.

Nebraska tried to replace the game with Chattanooga but the Big Ten didn't approve it

Lawrence obviously hurts, but Uiagalelei had a good second half.  The other notables for that game are that LB James Skalski is out the rest of the year with a groin issue, and he was one of the high-engine guys in the defense.  Plus, Xavier Thomas had a targeting call vs. BC, so he'll miss the first half of ND, too.  The defense can't have 1 bad half and 1 good half next week.

Even then, decent chance at a rematch in the ACC title game regardless of the outcome.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Michigan State

Lose to Rutgers. Beat Michigan

Sure... sure

you could say the same about Oklahoma State- Texas. Classic battle of team gets big lead, takes foot off the gas magically in the 4th quarter.  Once Texas scored and hit the 2 pt conversion I knew they were winning.  I had a 3 team super boost with Auburn, Ohio State, and Oklahoma State.  Figured one would lose.  Oklahoma State magically drove the field every possesion except for the 4th quarter and OT.  Go figure. 

Apparently Ole Miss TE DaMarcus Thomas was airlifted to the hospital after a hit in practice today

Thomas reportedly had no feeling in his body when leaving but has since regained some movement and feeling in his body

• Sad 4

And Wisconsin/Purdue is cancelled

Its real close to Wisconsin shutting down its season. To be eligible to compete for the Big 10 championship, a team must play 6 games. Wisconsin has to play all their remaining games to hit 6.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently Ole Miss TE DaMarcus Thomas was airlifted to the hospital after a hit in practice today

Thomas reportedly had no feeling in his body when leaving but has since regained some movement and feeling in his body

Thomas has been released from the hospital and all tests came back negative.  That is wonderful news.

• Like 1

Why the fuck do we take anything these assholes have to say about anything? Seriously, people with authority in college football are somewhere beetween serial arsonists and people who eat roadkill in my book of people I never want to hear speak. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Why the fuck do we take anything these assholes have to say about anything? Seriously, people with authority in college football are somewhere beetween serial arsonists and people who eat roadkill in my book of people I never want to hear speak. 

Seriously. Have you ever come away from hearing a college football head coach talk about anything other than football and thought "there's a reasonable human being with his head screwed on straight"?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lincoln Riley complaining that everyone got the entire day off today is exactly what you would expect from Lincoln Riley

If the NCAA had any balls, they'd suspend him for that.  Nonsense like that is exactly why you get 99.9% attendance for "non-mandatory" meetings and practices.

• Like 2