DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - FALL/WINTER 2020 SEASON

Dewar

Texas A&M’s top receiver just opted out of the season, too.  A&M is a trendy pick to be a dark horse contender in the SEC (I can see it), so this has to be somewhat of a blow.

I feel like if Jimbo doesn’t make a run at it this year, he’s never gonna.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Texas A&M’s top receiver just opted out of the season, too.  A&M is a trendy pick to be a dark horse contender in the SEC (I can see it), so this has to be somewhat of a blow.

I feel like if Jimbo doesn’t make a run at it this year, he’s never gonna.

It ain't happening this year. 

Very little experienced skill position talent on offense.  Mond is a serviceable QB, but he's not a difference maker.  Most of the RBs transferred, and there's very little talent and/or depth there.  With Ausbon opting out, the top 3 WRs from last year are gone (the other two left early, went undrafted and didn't make NFL rosters).  Wydermyer is a very good TE, but Cupp, who was expected to be a a major contributor, if not a star, is out for the year. 

The OL was a sieve last year.  It ought to be better this year, but probably not by leaps and bounds

The defense will probably be better than the historically bad versions we've had since the later Slocum years, but it ain't gonna be in the same league with the top SEC defenses.

A&M also got hit by the schedule changes due to covid, dropping Abilene Christian, North Texas, Colorado and Fresno State, and picking up Florida at home and Tennessee away.

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Details are still coming out, but it seems like they’ve left themselves no wiggle room, playing 8 games in 8 weeks.  Wouldn’t take many outbreaks for the whole season to collapse on itself.

WHAT COULD GO WRONG?!

• Haha 1

I mean how can you not look at this as a money grab by the Big 10 schools.   At best they are going to play 8 games with no breaks.  I don't care if Ohio State beats teams by 50 they aren't going to be put in the playoffs while others played 10 games.   Maybe they can if the #4 team in the BCS is a 2 loss team but if you have 4 teams with 1 loss or less they aren't selecting a Big 10 team

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I mean how can you not look at this as a money grab by the Big 10 schools.   At best they are going to play 8 games with no breaks.  I don't care if Ohio State beats teams by 50 they aren't going to be put in the playoffs while others played 10 games.   Maybe they can if the #4 team in the BCS is a 2 loss team but if you have 4 teams with 1 loss or less they aren't selecting a Big 10 team

Aww.  As if the Big 10+ water carriers aren't going to tell you that the conference is sooooooooooooo tough that 8 games >>>>>>> 40 SEC games.

But look on the bright side people - I can run errands on Saturdays again without the Ohio State fan-chuds in my way!  I don't have to hear the local media whine about not playing!

This is a win for me.  And that's all that matters.  Well, a win until half the schools are shut down with covid.  Crap.  I only have 2 weeks to enjoy this.

Meanwhile - the PAC 12 wants to resume but between the wildfires and COVID restrictions in place by the states, it ain't happening right now.

But dont worry - USC posted a letter to the Governor to tell him to stop being a big meanie

• Haha 1

Charlotte has cancelled their game with UNC as they do not have enough offensive lineman to safely play

Three players tested positive and contact tracing put pretty much their entire O-Line in quarantine

Since UNC now has 2 weeks in a row off - they are trying to schedule a non-conference opponent for Sept 26

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm shocked this happened.  I don't think any of it has to do with money either.  

It absolutely has to do with money.  I would be shocked if the B1G didn't get a Government "gift" in some way (If not a whole bunch of donations from Trump and GOP related accounts).  He needed to bring back the Sport of Gods and Kings, Gridiron Football in some way since the NFL doesn't count because those guys are just UnAmerican!

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

It absolutely has to do with money.  I would be shocked if the B1G didn't get a Government "gift" in some way (If not a whole bunch of donations from Trump and GOP related accounts).  He needed to bring back the Sport of Gods and Kings, Gridiron Football in some way since the NFL doesn't count because those guys are just UnAmerican!

I was just being sarcastic about it all 

Did they get rid of the espn Goal Line channel this year because of the virus?   Or is out there and Cox cable got rid of.  I missed the college version of the Redzone channel

And we just got our first head coach who tested positive in Mike Norvell at Florida State.  Luckily they are off this week

Edited by hammerva