DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 9/1/20

Wow what a show, did not expect that ending at all. Really thought Eddie was going to have a good long run, crazy. Hyped to have Tenille back. Figure they are building to a 4 way or so, but really wanna see Deonna vs Tenille one on one, feel like that would be excellent. Amazing finale to WrestleHouse, that was great. Callihan/RVD was short but solid, looks like the feud continues. MCMG/Rascalz should be another great one. 

Results:

*Sami Callihan def. Rob Van Dam (w/ Katie Forbes) (7:22) with a sunset flip. After the match, RVD & Katie attacked Callihan with a steel chair. 

*Rhino def. Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend) (8:38) via pinfall on Thornstowe after Heath, posed as a cameraman, interfered. After the match, Rhino & Heath embraced until Scott D'Amore brought security out to chase Heath from the arena.

*The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) def. Ace Austin & Madman Fulton (4:53) when Dez pinned Ace. After the match, the Motor City Machine Guns came out and offered the Rascalz a title shot next week. Ace & Fulton attacked the Rascalz until the MCMG ran them off. 

*Deonna Purrazzo hosted her championship celebration with Kimber Lee and members of the roster around the ring. Jordynne Grace interrupted and told Deonna that her reign won't last long and she's not backing down. Tenille Dashwood then made her return and told Deonna that she's coming for the title. Jordynne and Tenille argued until Deonna said she was sick of all these clowns which then led to the members of the roster that had been on WrestleHouse transporting back into the ring. Kylie Rae sent Deonna from the ring. Kimber Lee tried to attack Kylie but was stopped by Susie. Kylie stood tall holding the title. 

*Eric Young def. Eddie Edwards (17:11) with the Piledriver after hitting him with his hockey mask behind the ref's back to WIN the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Young attacked Eddie's leg until security broke it up. 

• Like 1

*Eric Young def. Eddie Edwards (17:11) with the Piledriver after hitting him with his hockey mask behind the ref's back to WIN the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Young attacked Eddie's leg until security broke it up. 

Why would security break up Eddie's leg? 

On the one hand I'm disappointed to see Wrestle House end too but it's smart that they did it now before it got stale. At least with all the WH members back there's more young boys for the Swingman to mentor daddy

• Like 2

I finally finished watching the Wrestle House stuff that I missed Tuesday. Poor Crazzy Steve, he needs to get Hooked on Phonics. The hoss "fight" with the slam on the couch is gonna keep the award for Dumbest Cinematic Match Ever for awhile I think. It won over Foley hitting Rocky with a bag of popcorn that's for sure. And I loved them all talking about getting back to "the Impact Zone"... not, like, the real world or anything, just the Impact Zone. So they can wrestle some more instead of things like seeing their families. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It was odd how Eddie was so focussed on his title match he never acknowledged that he and his wife were finally back on the same plane of reality, having not seen each other in over a month.

18 hours ago, AxB said:

It was odd how Eddie was so focussed on his title match he never acknowledged that he and his wife were finally back on the same plane of reality, having not seen each other in over a month.

After they both Entrapment Ace and beat him up afterwards they made out which is when they got back together. 

5 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

After they both Entrapment Ace and beat him up afterwards they made out which is when they got back together. 

Yes, and then much later Alisha was transported to Wrestle House for several weeks and Eddie wasn't. But when the Wrestle House cast teleported to the Impact Zone, neither Eddie nor Alisha gave any indication of having missed each other.

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Yes, and then much later Alisha was transported to Wrestle House for several weeks and Eddie wasn't. But when the Wrestle House cast teleported to the Impact Zone, neither Eddie nor Alisha gave any indication of having missed each other.

I think the only reference I can think of is in Wrestle House Alisha was giving Susie love advice since she was still married thus she consider herself an expert. Of Course when her advice backfired and Susie called that out Alisha called Dreamer to make a match between them. 

You know, now I'd like there to be just one or maybe two wrestlers that get transported to Wrestle House by themselves because they pissed off Rosemary. Like have it be two people that really hate each other and don't get along but have to do typical household stuff, argue over what's for dinner, etc. It builds and builds for weeks with people appearing out of nowhere every once in awhile, like an opponent will just materialize and walk in from the other room with Tommy yelling "MATCH TIME!" and they have to go wrestle. Have it be like Wrestle Purgatory. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AxB said:

It was odd how Eddie was so focused on his title match he never acknowledged that he and his wife were finally back on the same plane of reality, having not seen each other in over a month.

Never thought about it like that, but there should have been a bit where Eddie is giving her grief about having to take care of the kids on his own. Thrown in a virtual school joke for good measure.