DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Another thing that gets me so excited about AEW is there are so many fresh matchups and potential stories to be told.

For example...off of Jericho's pronouncement about going after the tag straps this week...how cool would Jericho and Hager vs Team Taz be? So many intriguing and new pairings for both singles and tag matches on this roster.

• Like 4

Even just the addition of Miro adds a lot. I want to see Miro work with Omega, Page, Darby, Jungle Boy, Pentagon... I feel like with Rusev, his in-ring work was always secondary to the character work he did. Hopefully he finds a balance in being a great character that also brings that into his matches. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Wrestlehouse anyone?  Sing together now ‘How low can ya go’?

Fuck, I was watching Impact FOR the Wrestle House segments. You really think I watch for the Rascalz or Reno Scum? I'm in it for backstage segments with Rosemary and Johnny Swinger quotes. It's nice if there's a good match with Acey or Fallah or Willie Mack -- and I will watch any and all Knockouts matches, they're that good -- but the best part of Impact is the icing, not the cake. 

I kind of watch AEW for the same reasons actually. I don't care about the high flying and the multi-man matches much, I'd more rather see the ga-ga and hope we get a good singles match and some action from the handful of guys I'm fans of per episode. And blood, of course.

• Like 4

I rank Bobby Heenan (mostly pre-wcw) and Lance Russell in my top 5 wrestler/personalities.  And above most everybody else including all the top workers.  I love good gaga.  I didn’t find what I was looking for with the current Impact.  AEW’s gaga may be their biggest hit and miss element.  I hear what you’re saying tho.  Just sometimes feels like a bad era for it.  

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 8:52 AM, christopher.annino said:

Complaining that there are ex-WWE wrestlers in AEW is kind of insane when you consider that WWE had a virtual monopoly on televised pro wrestling for decades, but Twitter's gonna Twitter.

Fact, its not like the Dixie Carter era of TNA where most of the exWWE guys were past their prime and reached their full potential. Some of these guys are still in their prime and havent gotten a chance to reach their full potential. Its not like alot of these guys are much older than the other guys here. Even Zack Ryder seems like he's been in WWE forever but he's still relatively young. I think some of these guys really deserve a chance to try to get over like they should have but at the same time they need to put in the effort to show they are worthy of their spot that some unknown indie talent should have.

• Like 1

Exactly, "home grown" talent are put on the same level as the ex-WWE folks. A lapsed sports entertainment fan sees the former Dean Ambrose in the ring with MJF or Darby Allin, or Jericho and Hager in a crew with P+P and Guevara - the latter of whom is also putting a Hardy Boy through a table with blood everywhere - and credibility is immediately installed. I could see people being pissed if Orange Cassidy was getting buried, but instead we live in a world where ORANGE FUCKING CASSIDY is a main-event talent. That's fucking awesome, IMHO.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, AxB said:

Speaking if which, Dynamite will definitely be on Wednesday this week.

So have they confirmed when the 1 hour special would be? On Instagram someone said the 22nd, but would they put it on night when Dark airs? I think it would be cool to have it on a Thursday, as a pay off to angle from the night before.

25 minutes ago, Infinit said:

So have they confirmed when the 1 hour special would be? On Instagram someone said the 22nd, but would they put it on night when Dark airs? I think it would be cool to have it on a Thursday, as a pay off to angle from the night before.

• Thanks 1

BTE is better than it has been because The Dark Order fucking rules. And now they're giving time to Wardlow and Kingston. How amazing will this shit get once Miro is on every week?

And the payoff to Colt's bits needs to be a short guest spot from Dr. Wagner Jr.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

LOLOLOLOL

"BRODIE SUX - STOOO"

I'm fucking dying at Stu being spelled Stooo

"What's Matt Cardona doing in here?"

"I don't even get that joke."

"It's because he's really red, and uses the Niacin..."

• Haha 1

Megabyte Ronnie, he's on Dark tomorrow night.

EDIT: He does the cake bit because he's also a professional eater.

EDIT2: Also, unrelated to BTE - Jericho offhandedly mentioned on his Saturday Night Special show that AEW signed Serena Deeb.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3