DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2020

Dolfan in NYC

WWE has proven that that isn't necessarily the case, but AEW would be ROASTED if they did that.

They brand themselves to talent and to the fans that they're the alternative and do business differently (and even Alba said their COVID testing was better than WWE - who didn't do it for months, until they had their first outbreak). I think half of the appeal of AEW to talent is that they're actually treated like independent contractors. I mean there are still the limitations, like not working another promotion that has TV, like Impact or ROH, but I think that's sensible.

16 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's sad I had to look up what sloppy shop was referring to.  But it doesn't surprise me this happened.  Like Alstein said unless you do a full bubble there's chances of positives happening.  No matter safe AEW has been that's the unfortunate reality.  And I fear with things getting worse that more will get it no matter safe they try to be.

Going forward I think one thing that might work is to maybe space it out where certain people just aren't on for a couple weeks.  Have them quarantine per protocol and stagger their appearances if you need to.  And if that's not an option then at this point just have it be a season and go full bubble.  Do however many tapings without a crowd and after it ends then they can go home and not travel.  They've been doing a great job so far especially considering they're in Florida.  But there's always more that AEW can do for the safety of everybody involved.

During the start of the COVID era, they were doing this. They kept certain folks at home, because the idea was if an outbreak occured, they could use the backup folks and keep the lights running.  It was revelead that AEW needed to keep running shows to stay in business, beause their main source of revenue is the TNT money.

AEW's roster is deep enough that they can keep a reserve team.

• Like 1

Lance Archer tested positive for COVID this past week which caused the company to change the 9/23 TV show. Archer said that when he got home from the last set of shows two weeks ago, a member of his family was sick. He said that person had been driven to the vet by a friend who turned out to test positive. Archer said that he ended up sick and then tested positive.

Archer was the exception to the rule in the sense that his positive was not wrestling related. Most of the positives in AEW and NXT were related to talent that is in Orlando (not necessarily all, as there is thought some is also related to independent wrestling as some AEW talent and extras have worked some indie dates of late, Ben Carter being the name that has come out although he is not AEW contracted talent).

Carter said that he contracted the disease after 9/10, when his recent AEW matches were taped.

Serena Deeb, who just signed an AEW contract and worked the last set of tapings, said that earlier this week she was in contact with someone who tested positive and would be quarantining herself for two weeks. She seemed to target the date as around 9/20 as on 9/24 she said she would be quarantining for another ten days. She was scheduled on the 9/29 UWN PPV show against Allysin Kay. That match has been changed to Kay vs. Nicole Savoy.

With the Orlando area being a hotbed as far as wrestlers go, talent from WWE and AEW socialize, go to the gym together, and some are even in relationships together, as well as socialize with some of the same fans and insiders. One person very familiar with the testing results and spread said that was the key reason why it happened at the same time with both companies. There is also the issue with independent promotions opening up, some with fans in attendance. While some are testing, not all are doing so. WWE talent never works independent shows but the non-contracted AEW talent work as many indies as they can, and some AEW contracted talent still works indies as well.

AEW has acknowledged that the story itself is accurate but due to privacy would not say anything more about it other than Archer has tested positive since he went public with it.

AEW has gone a step farther of late in its testing. They are now requiring people to test before coming to Jacksonville and then they get tested a second time on arrival and are not allowed in until the results of the second test come in. With Tony Khan’s NFL connections, he is working with the NFL Covid response team for stricter protocol.

Right now Moxley vs. Archer is scheduled for the 10/14 Anniversary show. The was talk that they hope the planned six-man tag with Archer & Ricky Starks & Brian Cage vs. Moxley & Darby Allin & Will Hobbs would take place on 10/7 based on the idea they are still planning the match and that would be the only date possible to have it since the 9/30 show was taped on 9/24 or 9/25.

Carter, who had worked matches at the tapings on 9/10 against Scorpio Sky for Dynamite and Lee Johnson for Dark, tested positive. Brian Cage was also not at the tapings, saying in a Tweet that he was ill, before then deleting it.

Strangely, on television, AEW, when talking about Archer, said that he was in contact with someone who tested positive and couldn’t appear on the show (which is technically true) but didn’t say he tested positive himself even though Archer had already announced it.

To add onto that Brian Cage bit - I believe he confirmed that he stayed off the show because he went to Mexico to get more stem cell treatments. He's still working Warrior Wrestling this weekend, so he doesn't have it.

a couple months ago (holy shit, April 1st), Dark Order #8 and 9 lost to the Natural Nightmares on Dynamite. #9 made another appearance in August (8/5/20)

at the time, it was reported that Brandon Cutler played #9 in the second appearance and that it would lead to a future storyline. around that time, Peter Avalon seemed to entertain an offer from Dark Order (maybe this was on BTE? i don't remember for sure). Did i miss an advancement in this specific regard? i know they faced each other on Dark recently, but i don't remember a Dark Order role playing into it at all. 

thoughts? 

On BTE, Avalon thought Silver and Reynolds were trying to recruit him, and was turning them down. But it was a misunderstanding and they weren't trying to recruit him, because they thought he wasn't good enough. The Cutler thing hasn't come up since.

Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus vs 5 & 10, so I'm guessing Saurus doesn't have CoVid. And he tagged with Tay Conti at that Warrior Wrestling show, and she's facing Red Velvet on this show, so maybe rule out the Stadium Series show as a super spreader event. Ben Carter must have caught it while grocery shopping or something.

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They need to put Abadon on the main show again. She's a winner. 

BTW, I went looking for her matches and she had one against Victoria? Was that just a one-off for her in AEW? 

Didn't happen. It's a gamer modding a WWE 2K game.

The First Seal 

This first seal introduces the antichrist onto the scene as a rider of a white horse. This rider wears a crown and will deceive many with talks of peace, but he will wage war against the saints.

Tully Blanchard 

The Second Seal 

Despite the promises of peace from the antichrist, warfare will break out after this seal breaks. A red rider on a horse slays a great number of people.

FTR

The Third Seal 

A rider on a black horse will spread famine throughout the earth. With whatever population is left on the earth from after the warfare, they will have to survive by bare means of food.

FTR

(Notice the colors of the jackets FTR and Tully Blanchard are wearing...Red/Black/White. Also notice Tully and FTR holding up 3 fingers as they represent the first 3 seals of the Apocalypse..3 of the 4 Horsemen)

The Fourth Seal 

Death, riding upon a pale horse.

MJF

The Fifth Seal 

Those martyred will ask God how long until He judges the earth. They are told a little while longer and given a white robe.

Miro

The Sixth Seal 

Catastrophic natural events take place from a rattling earthquake, the sun turning black, the moon turning blood-red, and mountains and islands disappearing.

Tessa Blanchard 

The Seventh Seal 

Silence fills heaven. Reminiscent of the Sabbath day of rest God took on the seventh day after creation, a brief pause occurs before the following judgements.

Arn Anderson. Final backstabbing turn on Cody Rhodes.

The Apocalypse 

Tully

FTR

MJF

Miro

Tessa 

Arn 

The Seven Seals 

The Seven Trumpets 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tessa Blanchard’s first program will be with Penelope Ford after Miro turns on Sabian and becomes a member of the Apocalypse. 

Ford will turn face, seek revenge for Sabian getting crushed at his own wedding.

Tessa Blanchard enters the scene...

Its happening! 

EDIT: Blanchard & Ford have worked with each other in the past. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow