DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2020

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

First Blood Match where they headbutt each other and get simultaneous hardway

They're all good but this one has to happen. Too perfect. And when they both see each other they each think they won the match, as Leva shakes her head in her hands. She was great as Miss Elizabeth in that match too. 

I'm going to boost this one, but the AEW Unrestricted podcast is another must-listen this week. Tony and Aubrey are interviewing Chuck, Trent, and OC. It has been fucking hilarious so far. They've been their best guests by far and the podcast is usually great. There's also a great moment where Tony gives Chuck shit for the chair pyramid. Tony is the best.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Now that they have Hobbs they are one step closer to the Meat Slap Climax

Block A

Cage

Miro

Hobbs

Hager

Block B

Lee

Archer

Wardlow

Gunn

STOP.  JR can only get so hard.  ?

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Well, 18 months ago a few of us were making fun of AEW for hiring Billy Gunn as their strength and conditioning coach. Playing the "The only advice he would have is to take steroids" card. But as it turns out, lots of AEW wrestlers have made major improvements in terms of physique and cardio, so let's assume that actually Billy knows his stuff and we were wrong to have mocked him.

I'm sorry Billy Gunn.

Ha!  Exactly.  Roids or not, dudes still know how to lift.  It's not like you inject, take a nap, and wake up looking like Lee Haney.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought Unrestricted was gonna be somebody else this week (who I was hyped for, and for the life of me can't remember who it was)?

Last week was Eddie Kingston and the YouTube version went up the other day. They always put the video up the week after the audio version. This week was always supposed to be Chuck, Trent, and OC. Next week I believe is Miro. And I think Miro will be on Jericho's podcast tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can tell how the podcast recordings go because it usually happens the day of or the day after a Dynamite taping. During today's episode, they referenced Chuck and Trent attacking Santana and Ortiz and the chair pyramid like it happened the day prior. Some I'm guessing they interviewed Eddie for one episode, then Chuck, Trent, and OC the next day or the same day. Then at next week's taping they'll probably do Miro and then someone else. Maybe Will Hobbs? I feel like he'd have an interesting story to tell.

On 9/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, The Natural said:

Mine:

Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Double or Nothing 2019. *****.

Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Revolution 2020. *****.

Chris Jericho is the youngest AEW World Champion video package.

Jon Moxley debuts at AEW Double or Nothing 2019.

Kenny Omega vs. PAC's Iron Man match on AEW Dynamite, 26th February 2020.

Stadium Stampede. AEW Double or Nothing II 2020.

Best Friends vs. Santana/Ortiz from this week's AEW Dynamite.

Jericho/Guevara vs. Omega/Hardy. AEW Dynamite, 5th June 2020.

11 match Dark next week. Hobbs vs Serpentico, Lee Johnson vs Ben Carter, Kilynn King vs Serena Deeb and Ricky Starks vs Christopher Daniels all have at least a smidge of uninevitability about them. Of the obvious squashes, Eddie Kingston vs Brian Pillman is the pick.

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Ben Carter already check marked for a win. I assume he’s “All Elite” now. They usually don’t commit to somebody this much, unless they signed them.

I'm actually hoping that Lee Johnson get his first win here. There's actually two local talent vs. local talent matches, that one, and Kylinn vs. Serena, as Serena hasn't been officially signed.

• Like 1

I was hoping that when they returned to a touring TV schedule that Avalon & Cutler would get the big blow off Dark match. They should still wait for the crowd reaction, but I don’t know if they can. The best way to do this would be to have Avalon & Cutler upset whoever the current tag champs will be during that time in individual tag matches, and then build to a title match. Don’t put them over with a title win(Don’t B-Team this), but try something that can get a reaction, and maybe give this small act a tiny rub.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs