DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Tazz Jones Count for 09/15/20: 3 (Ripcord, Megaboot/Megabyte, Humble)

LOVED Megabyte Ronnie, I really hope we get to see him again soon.
Knew that Cutler/Avalon match was going to end the way it was, that was the only logical outcome for those two.

As far as BTE, again The Dark Order is killing it, every week. Loved the retconning with Nakazawa and Sydal. My favorite segment by far was the doctor segment with surprise appearance by DR. LUTHER!

• Like 1

I liked the Santana/Ortiz vs Pillman/Garrison match. Fine TV squash wrestling.

Will Hobbs' spinebuster looked fucking great. Sorensen really made sure he got a ton of air for that.

Colt Cabana looked like he was trying not to crack up when he came out. Evil Uno was on his bullshit right there I'd bet. 

Avalon/Cutler was great. I am happy these guys have this little program where the hardcores can appreciate it. These guys worked a better NOAH match than a good chunk of NOAH now. The finish was correct and accurate. NO WINS. NO WINS.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the chicanery to get Cabana the W. Colt was super jazzed afterwards, too. The repeated "I'm a winner." was a nice touch. 

Hobbs spinebuster was super rad, and I hope to see more of Megabyte Ronnie, he's rough in-ring but I had fun with all his horseshit. People's Elbow is dumb as dogshit any way you slice it, but I giggled with the addition of the fanny pack hot dog.

Avalon and Cutler was fun as hell and then I was thinking that maybe they end up back together and get a tag team win after not being able to seal the deal against each other. I think it's how evenly split Leva was that put me in that direction. 

Ortiz is like the absolute greatest. I love the comedic stuff he does, but at the same time he has such a nasty vibe that you know he's going to fuck somebody up. I'm hoping that they and Best Friends are going to have a fun fucky brawl tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CanadianChris said:

So next you do a double DQ in a no countout match, then probably work in a double pin and maybe a time limit draw.  Then we gotta start upping the difficulty!

Cage match where they hit the floor together...

Chain match where they hit the last buckle together...

Iron Man Match that ends in a tie

First Blood Match where they headbutt each other and get simultaneous hardway

• Haha 1

On a different note...

- Butcher is slowly losing the roid/beer gut. I’m sort of impressed. I was expecting it to get out of control, but it’s almost gone. 

- Brian Cage wearing all that tape is troubling, but he is known for his body not holding up.

- I thought Will Hobbs was better here than last week. I think he needs a makeover though. Change the gear, and maybe dye the hair. I just watched Demolition Man, and was reminded of Snipes look in that movie. Also the pending mainstream comeback of Cyberpunk, has made me think that he could probably get away with stealing that look wholesale.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

I adore Megabyte Ronnie so much.  The guy's wrestling might be rough but damn was I entertained.  The People's Hot Dog spot had me in stitches for a good while.  And Cutler/Avalon in a double count out had me rolling.  All the credit to those three for making me care so much about their story that practically every pinfall attempt had me hooked.  Oh, and I'm such a big fan of Exaclubur/Taz/Veda on commentary with Starks chiming in.  Their chemistry and bullshitting has gotten really good and I love when they're able to crack Taz.

Speaking of Taz I found it interesting how much him and Starks were liking Santana and Ortiz.  I know there's no real reason to or hints otherwise but knowing how AEW likes to build things I wonder if they're thinking at some point to get that team over to Team Taz.   I could be reading too much into it but it does make me wonder.

So they've filed mobile/tablet video game trademarks for "Elite GM" and "AEW General Manager". Hopefully it's not like Tony Khan's favorite wrestling booker game, TNM7, and more like EWR or something.

and - Aubrey & Tony are recording AEW Unrestricted with Miro this week.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

So they've filed mobile/tablet video game trademarks for "Elite GM" and "AEW General Manager". Hopefully it's not like Tony Khan's favorite wrestling booker game, TNM7, and more like EWR or something.

It might not be the game they're promising but this sounds like a nice enough game to tide me over until then.  Not really into mobile games like I used to be but I'd play it for giggles.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

If that game is playable offline - and if it is anything at all like EWR - it's gonna be right up there with playing Stardew and watching matches as my favourite time-killers on my weekly train rides to and from Osaka and Kyoto. 

On the other hand, if it turns out to be a piece of "freemium" garbage I'm gonna be furious.

Edited by gordi
  • Like 1

I'd temper expectations, but then again, WWE has produced decent to good mobile games. I expect it to be less EWR/booking sim and more like a polished 80s Mania Wrestling Returns or something.

If they did a card game like WWE Supercard - fuck, take all my money. I sunk way too many hours into that game a few years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Hell yeah. Great addition and yet another young talent they can build around in the future.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

SIGN KILYNN KING YOU COWARDS.

I'm really happy Hobbs got signed. Interestingly enough, him and Abadon are the only local talents to get a deal out of their victories. I'd be super happy if Serpentico got signed.

12 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

- Butcher is slowly losing the roid/beer gut. I’m sort of impressed. I was expecting it to get out of control, but it’s almost gone. 

Well, 18 months ago a few of us were making fun of AEW for hiring Billy Gunn as their strength and conditioning coach. Playing the "The only advice he would have is to take steroids" card. But as it turns out, lots of AEW wrestlers have made major improvements in terms of physique and cardio, so let's assume that actually Billy knows his stuff and we were wrong to have mocked him.

I'm sorry Billy Gunn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1