DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Wow they actually retconned the Matt Sydal botch into a BTE story. Genius.

"Hangman Page his gear! Hangman his gear!" *Hangman hiding poorly in the corner* BTE is so soothing between this kind of stuff and the Dark Order shtick.

Brodie during the bathroom sketch. OMFG. ?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, AxB said:

Speaking if which, Dynamite will definitely be on Wednesday this week.

Oh, thank goodness for that.  We'll be on vacation starting Thursday and were actually thinking to watch this in the hotel if we had to.  While that's fine to watch wherever we go we'd rather see this at home.

I’ve been theorizing that Ross has been drunk on a few recent episodes of Dynamite. His behavior isn’t too dissimilar to his behavior during that 2K Q&A, and it’s hurting the performance of his co-workers. This past weeks episode he sounded clearer though, so I’ll give him that. But on other episodes he’s been a pain in the ass the same way Heenan became one near the end of his WCW run. Now I’ve been okay with Ross dicking around since AEW’s debut, and defending it on a few occasions. But a lot of it now just comes across as the guy in the bar that deserves a fist to the mouth to shut up. I wouldn’t mind him moving into doing more interviews. That’s currently his best strength, and really the best story progression on TV.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

YO HE'S A DOPE PROMO. So '80s. Great stuff.

Dark has two matches to look out for now after putting on a very good main event last week in Carter/Starks. 

He was hilarious just talking about those cakes haha.

Edit: and his profile pic 

Edited by matt925

I forgot that him and Chris Hero hated each other. They should have gone more in depth into that. 

EDIT: Also, who was the manager they were talking about spoiling the match in ROH? Nana? Sweeney? Julius Smokes?

And for those who didn't watch/listen, Eddie's top Japanese matches are: 

Misawa/Kawada Ganso Bomb match

Kobashi/Misawa from NOAH

Chono/Mutoh G1 Climax final from '91

Edited by Curt McGirt

Robbie Mireno of czw looks like the guy he was talking about. I didn't know he wrestled or managed. I just thought he did commentary (poorly) and did interviews (jeeeesus). I was really sad for a second when I thought he was speaking about smokes too. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jiji said:

YO HE'S A DOPE PROMO. So '80s. Great stuff.

Dark has two matches to look out for now after putting on a very good main event last week in Carter/Starks. 

That skit with him wolfing down those two cakes was so goofy, but I just could not stop laughing. Now, he's cutting  classic fired-up underdog babyface promos, too? Congrats, AEW, you've got me caring about yet another wrestler who has been flying completely under my radar. I sincerely hope he does well in there and this won't be the last we see of him. 

• Like 4

Mine:

Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Double or Nothing 2019. *****.

Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Revolution 2020. *****.

Chris Jericho is the youngest AEW World Champion video package.

Jon Moxley debuts at AEW Double or Nothing 2019.

Kenny Omega vs. PAC's Iron Man match on AEW Dynamite, 26th February 2020.

Stadium Stampede. AEW Double or Nothing II 2020.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

All I can think of watching his promo is "I bet this is what Jumping Jeff Farmer was going for."

Anyone ever seen him in-ring? I hope he's competent, as I'm all aboard the Megabyte Ronnie express now. It would be a shame if he didn't have a real solid throwback babyface working style.

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Mine:

Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes, AEW Double or Nothing 2019. *****.

Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Revolution 2020. *****.

Chris Jericho is the youngest AEW World Champion video package.

Jon Moxley debuts at AEW Double or Nothing 2019.

Kenny Omega vs. PAC's Iron Man match on AEW Dynamite, 26th February 2020.

Stadium Stampede. AEW Double or Nothing II 2020.

Totally agree on the matches. My top moment of the year is Hangman's hold my beer Buckshot Lariat, that might be the moment he surpassed the rest of the Elite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1