DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Wouldn't it be funny if Miro didn't sign, but one time Aiden English just showed up and started singing Happy Miro Day for no reason?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Miro didn't sign, but one time Aiden English just showed up and started singing Happy Miro Day for no reason?

I was honestly stunned at a random house show at the Yum Center a few years ago how much people just HATED Aiden English. He was with Rusev but we hadn't started really appreciating Rusev Day yet. Literally any time Aiden moved the crowd lost their shit and were screaming all kinds of obscenities at him. Dude is really underrated and honestly I would sign him over Miro at this point

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, when Brock shows up and F5's Mox at All Out this weekend...  

?

I don’t think you’re gonna get either of those guys to do that. Not that Lesnar would go anywhere where someone might tell him “no”....

Good Dark this week! The fans being back really is nice. Some thoughts:

Shawn Spears/Eddie Taurus was a really solid squash. Spears is getting these down to a tee.

Santana and Ortiz/Ryzin and Faboo Andre wasn't much but it gave us the promo afterwards and that was worth it. They've built a nice feud between these guys and Best Friends, the brawl between trailers was cool too.

Allie and Golden went for it and I dug it. Why is Allie still with QT if she doesn't like him? The Nightmare Sisters thing didn't play out so now what? A long term plan to get at Cody?

Kazarian/Angelico worked slower than I thought they would, not that that's a bad thing. Angelico has some cool submissions and took a lot of the match to show them off, I'd like to see him work someone a little more mat based than Frankie. There's room for different styles in AEW, it's cool to see them represented. One of my favorite parts of New Japan is how Zack Sabre Jr fits in with the rest of the roster, it gives every match he's in a cool dynamic. I'm not saying that's Angelico necessarily but somebody should fill that role.

Ricky Starks is fantastic, loved the entrance and finish this week. Taz is so funny fawning over his guys when he's in manager mode. I hope the reason they called off Ricky's match with Darby is that they realize neither guy should be losing right now. 

Misc: Brandi's promo was good, 'Daddy Brodie' feels wrong though. Gunn Club are a skip from me. Abadon is still a great gimmick and still not the best in the ring. It's a tough situation since the wrestler needs reps and the character needs protecting. Jurassic Express are treading water a little right now, no shame in that. Big fan of both Anna Jay and Red Velvet, they worked well together. Private Party and the Initiative did their moves at each other, PP squeak out a win.

24 minutes ago, EVA said:

Ricky Starks’s theme is ?

Brillaint idea to bite off Trombone Shorty for him.

I absolutely love that theme and Ricky Starks in general.  The guy is going to be a bona fide star and it's a crying shame there aren't more than 10% crowds for him to wrestle in front of right now.  He should at the least be TNT champion and have killer matches defending it.

Speaking of themes they have had some good ones come out lately.  I like Anna Jay's but I do need to highlight Tony Donati's theme.  The guy doesn't look like much and seems like a decent enough wrestler.  But I kind of want somebody with shittons of charisma to steal this because this is just too damn good.

EDIT:  So this is part of a music library done through SATV and looking at their site there's some really great stuff available.  I think I'm going to dive into all this when I get a chance.  https://www.satvmusic.com/#/home

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I was actually sad when Avalon attacked Cutler on Dark this week. I'm a goddamn mark for The Initiative.

I want Leva in a neutral corner ala Elizabeth when The Initiative explodes. Avalon should absolutely accuse Cutler of having lust in his eyes for Leva.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Santana and Ortiz/Ryzin and Faboo Andre wasn't much but it gave us the promo afterwards and that was worth it. They've built a nice feud between these guys and Best Friends, the brawl between trailers was cool too.

Ryzin and Faboo Andre are officially now on my AEW Dark Boy Tag Team List:

1) Chaos Projekt
2) Joey Janella & Sonny Kiss
3) Ryzin & Faboo Andre
4) The Initiative
5) Griff Garrison & Brian Pillman Jr.

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I was actually sad when Avalon attacked Cutler on Dark this week. I'm a goddamn mark for The Initiative.

Same here! I'm hoping they hold on just a little longer to finally get their first win.

• Like 1

I would love to see an active Serena Deeb since she got released from her WWE coaching job. Crazy to me that she's still just 33 as she was one of the absolute best around 10 years ago. I know she's had injuries and retirement but she still looked great when she came back for the Mae Young Classic a few years ago.

Quoting myself from the June thread, AEW just announced Serena is Thunder Rosa's debut opponent tonight! Super hyped for that and hope it leads to more than just a one off appearance. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Call me a SJW, liberal, or woke or whatever but, regarding "AEW Heels," isn't having the logo for your pro female fans safe space be a pair of stiletto fuck-me pumps a little tone deaf?

I don't want to be "that guy"....but I think calling anything a woman wears as "fuck me" anything is kinda tone deaf lol.

But I get your point.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I still think it's odd that they are using the wrestling term for "villain" for their female fans forum. 

We wouldn't have to call them "heels" if they just FUCKING LISTENED! Am I right, guys?

• Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Pete said:

We wouldn't have to call them "heels" if they just FUCKING LISTENED! Am I right, guys?

giphy.gif