DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

I still think that Muto named the step-up kneestrike Shining Wizard because he was amused at Westerners constantly mistranslating his Thrashing Elbow as "Flashing Elbow".

8 hours ago, AxB said:

I still think that Muto named the step-up kneestrike Shining Wizard because he was amused at Westerners constantly mistranslating his Thrashing Elbow as "Flashing Elbow".

Sorta like Masato Tanaka's Rolling/Roaring Elbow?

• Like 1

I’m really hoping MrSashaBanks is some sort of troll, but guessing Sasha’a not that fortunate.  

Anyway, here’s Glacier trying to do pro wrestling things and failing badly   Who needs the cryonic kick when you have his deadly wind kick?

Who is the other guy? Doesn’t look like Mongo.  One of the Flock?  I think It’s Sick Boy or Riggs but I’m not sure.

Edited by Eoae
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AxB said:

IIRC, Jim Ross always called it the Powerdrive Elbow.

43 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I’m really hoping MrSashaBanks is some sort of troll, but guessing Sasha’a not that fortunate.  

Anyway, here’s Glacier trying to do pro wrestling things and failing badly   Who needs the cryonic kick when you have his deadly wind kick?

Who is the other guy? Doesn’t look like Mongo.  One of the Flock?  I think It’s Sick Boy or Riggs but I’m not sure.

Pretty sure that's Sick Boy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Source? Japanese Wikipedia, an obviously flawless source, has the following for his elbow drop:

フラッシング・エルボー

Which is furashing elbow with a pause between ra and shi. Flashing or, lol, flushing. 

Edited by Jiji

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

Source?

My head.

Well, it always sounded more like Thrashing than Flashing to me. That and well, what's he doing when he drops the elbow? He's thrashing around. He's not flashing anyone, that would be if he got his cock out before the elbowdrop.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Eoae said:

I’m liking how Tony, and the crew are ignoring that Sick Boy botch like we’re ignoring MrSashaBanks.