Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Ricochet is kinda like Bret Hart where the in-ring work is so good he doesn't need to be a great promo. How ever him and Konnan were a great combo in Lucha Underground so I feel like he's a victim of Vince "no managers" edict

 

I was just going to say I felt like he had more personality under the mask as Prince Puma than what he’s shown in WWE. I agree with the posters that have said that creative didn’t give him a lot to work with. On the flip side what has he really shown as far as facial expressions, or any other character traits? 

As far as in ring performers go he’s definitely one of the best they have, but without having a big personality I’m not shocked he’s never got as far as his talent would dictate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ryan said:

Rosario Dawson is Antifa, but she goes undercover as a vigilante named Auntie Fah and rides around on a moose.

Shut it down.  Nothing will top this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When Ricochet turned heel as a the smarmy prick champ who knew he was better than you in PWG as a heel he was actually very good at it. So, try that perhaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nofuture said:

 

Of course he replied stating he wasn't going anywhere on that same tweet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Of course he replied stating he wasn't going anywhere on that same tweet.

It's clear from the context of that scene in the movie. But he'd have been better off with a video rather than a gif. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE Research just sent out an email asking which superstars are your favorite. Here's the list:

 

Aleister Black    
Cedric Alexander    
Big E    
Shelton Benjamin    
Isaiah "Swerve" Scott    
Mandy Rose    
The Forgotten Sons
Peyton Royce    
Billie Kay    
Danny Burch    
The Hurt Business    
Murphy    
Mercedes Martinez    
Bobby Lashley
Liv Morgan    
Bronson Reed
M.V.P.    
Street Profits    
Bianca Belair    
Candice LeRae    
Mustafa Ali
Io Shirai    
Drew Gulak    
Oney Lorcan     
Ever-Rise    
Carmella    
Killian Dain    
Seth Rollins
Karrion Kross     
Kayden Carter    
Shayna Baszler    
Damian Priest    
Lacey Evans    
Finn Balor    
Tamina
Chelsea Green    
Heavy Machinery    
Dominik Mysterio    
John Morrison    
Sami Zayn    
King Corbin

 

Who's Ever-Rise?

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jobber tag team in NXT doing a viagra overdose gimmick.

Spoiler

Not really

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

When Ricochet turned heel as a the smarmy prick champ who knew he was better than you in PWG as a heel he was actually very good at it. So, try that perhaps.

Bret Hart was better as a heel too (and cut a better promo!). So there's your connection.

The only "WWE Headliner" I see on there is Rollins, and I guess Corbin. But it still doesn't look like a troll hacked the list really. It's just weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Bret Hart, was rewatching some of his WCW matches and oof, did his run there suck. Only memorable matches were the Flair Souled Out match and the Owen tribute match. Not only was he booked poorly, but he was obviously checked out and in cruise control. 

Edited by Edwin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ricochet is kind of like Jeff Cobb. They seem to have more physical charisma when they are masked. I'd also draw a comparison to Brad Armstrong, who was a great worker but super bland but seemed to be better at playing a character under a hood as Badstreet and to a lesser extent as Arachniman. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Christopher Daniels was very inexpressive for quite a lot of his career, except when he was being Curry Man. But then at one point he just clicked... when he was teaming with Kaz for the first time and doing the' AJ Styles got a druggie pregnant' angle he suddenly became a wacky Mr Personality guy in the ring.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Ricochet is kind of like Jeff Cobb. They seem to have more physical charisma when they are masked. I'd also draw a comparison to Brad Armstrong, who was a great worker but super bland but seemed to be better at playing a character under a hood as Badstreet and to a lesser extent as Arachniman. 

Bring back Helios!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Speaking of Bret Hart, was rewatching some of his WCW matches and oof, did his run there suck. Only memorable matches were the Flair Souled Out match and the Owen tribute match. Not only was he booked poorly, but he was obviously checked out and in cruise control. 

The issue is he went from a super intense rivalry in WWF to... special referee?

Compare that to Luger coming in on the first Nitro and instantly being thrown into the mix w/ Hogan, Sting, and Savage and whether or not he could be trusted. I love that because you tell folks he's a primetime player.

If you got Bret Hart coming into with that much heat on him, you got to do something really big off the bat to get him going. I think because WCW creatively had so much going at the time, they didn't know how to fit him into the fray. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The issue is he went from a super intense rivalry in WWF to... special referee?

Compare that to Luger coming in on the first Nitro and instantly being thrown into the mix w/ Hogan, Sting, and Savage and whether or not he could be trusted. I love that because you tell folks he's a primetime player.

If you got Bret Hart coming into with that much heat on him, you got to do something really big off the bat to get him going. I think because WCW creatively had so much going at the time, they didn't know how to fit him into the fray. 

Booking aside, he just looked checked out and unmotivated in his matches. Like at that point he didn't even look like he was trying anymore. Watched that Nitro match he had with Booker T and oof did that match suck. Booker had that one electric comeback, but the rest was boring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

What a strange list. Where are my favourite alliterative Rs (Roman Reigns and Rhea Ripley)? 

I got a completely different list and they were both on mine. Other names I remember are Charlotte, AJ, Bayley, Mattie, Mickie, just Jey Uso (but not Jimmy), Imperium, Ciampa, Xia Li, Thatcher, Cesaro, Ziggler

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Booking aside, he just looked checked out and unmotivated in his matches. Like at that point he didn't even look like he was trying anymore. Watched that Nitro match he had with Booker T and oof did that match suck. Booker had that one electric comeback, but the rest was boring.

He probably saw no incentive to try. I mean the guy was on the wrong side of 40, and being booked like an upper midcarder after essentially five years of solidifying himself as a world champion/main event level wrestler. Add in the fact, Bret has always been a high maintenance guy. Whether or not you believe Nash's story about Undertaker going off on Bret for poo-pooing the finish he was doing with Diesel in the cage match, if Bret doesn't believe in something, he's going to let you know about it. He's going to complain, or he's going to mope about it. That's what deteriorated his relationship with Bischoff fairly quickly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...