Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

I suppose this goes without saying, and I'm being quite the captain obvious here, but I'll say it anyway. If Vince would ever get duly cracked down on his shady practices and forced to do right by his work force, THAT would be the time he'd say "I don't like this anymore" and sell the company ( if there was a company to sell, or any takers for that matter) rather than make the necessary changes.

Kind of like in Bojack Horseman, when the people in power were facing the options of having women carry handguns in order to feel safe, abolish guns altoghther or make legislation that helps women feel more safe without having to carry guns, they chose abolishing guns altogether. Because they just flat out refused to do right by women, so much that they didn't even consider that an option.

Same with Vince, most assuredly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

I suppose this goes without saying, and I'm being quite the captain obvious here, but I'll say it anyway. If Vince would ever get duly cracked down on his shady practices and forced to do right by his work force, THAT would be the time he'd say "I don't like this anymore" and sell the company ( if there was a company to sell, or any takers for that matter) rather than make the necessary changes.

Kind of like in Bojack Horseman, when the people in power were facing the options of having women carry handguns in order to feel safe, abolish guns altoghther or make legislation that helps women feel more safe without having to carry guns, they chose abolishing guns altogether. Because they just flat out refused to do right by women, so much that they didn't even consider that an option.

Same with Vince, most assuredly.

Maybe he'll just up and die one of these days. He's 75 and his dad died at 69, so who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Maybe he'll just up and die one of these days. He's 75 and his dad died at 69, so who knows.

I am aware that there is a thing about not wishing death upon other people, but when I say that in order for things to change even a little bit for the better, Vince needs to die, I really stress the NEED part. Of natural causes and old age, obviously, but it needs to happen.

Just watch this being the first time it doesn't happen, ever. Just because.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Shartnado said:

So, I take it nothing important or interesting happened while I was sleeping?

*looks around*

How long was I out for F's sakes?

You missed one hell of a friendship defining hug, that’s for sure. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Octopus said:

You missed one hell of a friendship defining hug, that’s for sure. 

Fortunately, I scrolled back enough to catch that, but I was away when that, and everything leading up to that happened. Very glad that things worked out and hugs were shared. That's the way to go!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the subject of hugs, the Hug it Out match between Daniel Bryan and Kane is one of my favourite comedy matches/segments ever. You hear the crowd laugh in unison when Bryan says "I hugged you, you didn't hug me! You didn't hug me!"

Edited by The Natural
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Foley and Nash are gonna find the line where guys start getting booted from the Hall of Fame, aren't they?

 

Wouldn't surprise me! Foley would probably be really bummed out about that, but Nash I don't see giving a single solitary fuck about losing his HOF status over this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

The WON is suggesting that the socials ban won't apply to youtube shows. I would hope not honestly because that seems like an insane move.

Apart from all the obvious reasons its wrong, I presume talent has made less money since the house shows stopped and things like twitch have helped folks supplement their lost income. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...