DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Re: Mr. Perfect

I watched KOTR 93 a couple weeks ago and also been some Raws from 94-96. On the former, Bret and Mr. Perfect have an argument about who has the tougher dad. IIRC They acknowledge that he is Curt Hennig the son of Larry "The Axe" Hennig. On the Raw shows, Vince always calls him Mr. Perfect but the wrestlers (or Lawler/JR) would switch between Perfect and Curt Hennig. They were taping 3-4 Raws at a clip (1 live and 2-3 taped). So you would think if Vince was pissed or just micromanaging, he would have that redone when they did the "live" commentary in Connecticut or edited out altogether.

I have a memory of Vince himself saying it at one point. He and Hennig were on commentary, and Vince ribbed him about what some old time wrestler would do, like "what was his name ... Curt ... Perfect, something."

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

I have a memory of Vince himself saying it at one point. He and Hennig were on commentary, and Vince ribbed about what some old time wrestler would do, like "what was his name ... Curt ... Perfect, something."

Vince ribbing, but Hennig was being put out to pasture at that point. Maybe Vince just saw it as a way to acknowledge his past, by making him come off even older, and less fresh than how he used to be portrayed while having him job on his way down the card.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs