DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I hear WWE has started moving people with CFO$ themes off those, and onto new entrance music instead. Might be bad news for Bobby Roode when he comes back, unless he's going to be a heel whose gimmick is that he doesn't let people sing along to Glorious any more.

He returned last night and used the theme though maybe for the last time with this news.

51 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh boy...Joey Ryan has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against his accusers.

Bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

I'm curious how he thinks this ends. 

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

I always though Edge was a cool name. I was a teenager when he debuted and was heavily into NIN and other similar stuff. Edge always seemed destined to be a world champion.

The name stuff is definitely a YMMV type of thing. It's going to sound normal to some and not to others, but I can't imagine a world where "T-Bar" or "Slapjack" are champions. At least not top champions.

Donovan Dijak though? Awesome name. Alliteration, strong sounding, and easy to just call him Dijak. WWE has proceeded to fuck his name up twice now, but it can't be any worse than what he's currently named.

There's a guy who is actually named "Triple H" that's won 14 world championships. 

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

What, is it pro bono or something? Joey Ryan can afford a lawyer? 

Man, the "pro boner" joke was right there. 

I'm curious as to what Joey thinks the end game is here. Even if the accusers admit to lying or fabricating the entire thing, I'm guessing they're not wealthy enough to just hand over thousands and thousands of dollars if found responsible. 

He knows that more details of the incidents are going to come out in court, right?

7 minutes ago, EricG said:

Man, the "pro boner" joke was right there. 

I'm curious as to what Joey thinks the end game is here. Even if the accusers admit to lying or fabricating the entire thing, I'm guessing they're not wealthy enough to just hand over thousands and thousands of dollars if found responsible. 

He knows that more details of the incidents are going to come out in court, right?

He's not asking for thousands and thousands. He's asking for Five Million Dollars.

51 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I loved as a kid that PWI would just not give in, and kept using Rocky Maivia and Hunter Hearst-Helmsley into like 2000 or 2001

PWI had a lot of weird name quirks like that. Like they refused to put the "Jim" in between "Hacksaw Duggan". Or long after WWF had settled on 1-2-3 Kid for Waltman, PWI still referred to him as just "The Kid".

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

He's not asking for thousands and thousands. He's asking for Five Million Dollars.

Right. Not only that, but he has that video out there where he's basically admitting to everything. He tried taking that down, but Reddit dug it right back up.

In order to win this lawsuit I would think he has to prove that everything was a lie and has to prove it.    And the "well she was acting slutty too" argument isn't really a court winner 

The best part was claiming that he makes $20,000 a month.   Even if that was true that Joey Ryan in his prime was doing that because of merchandise sales he would be lucky to make half of that now.   Even when it has been painfully honest that keeping your mouth shut would have made most of the Speaking Out issue disappear.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Remember all those years of people telling that Bryan Danielson had no personality.   Granted it wasn't let me read a script with passion like in the WWE but no way  this idea that he was basically a mute with great ability. 

Yeah, the dude was always good at funny bits. He reminds me of Bret in that the more he rambles about stuff, the better he gets. He’s not a “Paint A Picture” type like Dusty was, but he’s still pretty charismatic, he just needs to be a little absurd about it.

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

PWI had a lot of weird name quirks like that. Like they refused to put the "Jim" in between "Hacksaw Duggan". Or long after WWF had settled on 1-2-3 Kid for Waltman, PWI still referred to him as just "The Kid".

My favorite PWI/Apter Mags quirk was ranking The Road Warriors the #1 team in the world for months and months despite them not holding any titles.  Like they were saying, it doesn't matter who the champs of any company are, these guys would kayfabe beat the shit out of anybody given the chance and are the uncrowned world champions.  That was so awesome.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Superstar Graham and Iceman Parsons were other examples.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 4:19 PM, Trebor said:

These "Make-A-Wish" videos always make me cry.

Kurt Angle is slowly morphing into a ventriloquist dummy in front of our very own eyes like it's an episode of the Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hang on a sec.  Is that Roman that's being destroyed by Bryan?  

That's Cheech Hernandez. Tagged with Cloudy a lot in the Northeast around the time of this video. Currently teams with Colin Delaney as "To Infinity and Beyond." Really good tag guy. He and Delaney are one of the more slept on teams on the indy scene right now. 

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1358

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah, the dude was always good at funny bits. He reminds me of Bret in that the more he rambles about stuff, the better he gets. He’s not a “Paint A Picture” type like Dusty was, but he’s still pretty charismatic, he just needs to be a little absurd about it.

Anyone who saw bald headed cape wearing Daniel Bryan knew he had charisma by the ton.

Then there’s also this...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Please tell me this is just more shoddy work from Nason, and he didn't actually say this:

• Our Dave Meltzer asked about exploring a move to Tuesday nights to which Levesque said discussions are always being had, but it's a decision that involves not only WWE but their partners. Without saying AEW, he did add that he thinks it's funny no one asks them why they aren't moving when NXT was first on Wednesdays.

Is Paul Levesque suffering the ill effects of some prior head injuries in his wrestling career? He's getting massacred almost every week, and this is his response. 

That is just one step away from this

tenor.gif?itemid=5447899

• Like 1