DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 hours ago, gordi said:

This is just a masterpiece of unintentional comedy, and a massive nostalgia trip at the same time. I hope some of you will get as big a kick out of this as I did:

Ditch the crazy gimmicks and the WWF side would have been an awesome heel stable! 

Spoiler

Berzerker telling the short bodybuilder "I've taken pills bigger than you" is amazing and so is Vince's outfit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Casey said:

All the members of Retribution have to quarantine for 2 weeks because they all came into contact with someone who tested positive.

This is particularly amusing since It’s only been a few days Dijak was trolling Chris Jericho abOut being a super spreader.

Melter said last night that none of the five have actually tested positive, but were belong held off the show anyway.  Presumably, they’ll be out till mid October.

• Haha 2

Or honestly, what they should do just to keep the ball rolling and make the most of this situation is have Retribution take over the Thunderdome video feeds to cut a promo while other randos attack. Even if they're in quarantine, there's no reason you couldn't at least do that with them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eoae said:

This is particularly amusing since It’s only been a few days Dijak was trolling Chris Jericho abOut being a super spreader.

Melter said last night that none of the five have actually tested positive, but were belong held off the show anyway.  Presumably, they’ll be out till mid October.

At least T-Boz got to enjoy his moment in the sun for a few days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

With regards to Rock's statement, don't get too disheartened over the comments. A significant portion, ranging from 20-60% of smallhands himself's twitter followers are bots/propaganda accounts, the Rock being as famous a figure as he is will be subject to the same thing. One controversial account will reply to his tweet with something insane and then lots more will upvote it for visibility and to sow dissension. It's how social media works(unworks) nowadays. 

TLDR don't read read comments. 

Just adding the visual proof to back up Leonidas's point about bots

• Like 2

20 hours ago, gordi said:

This is just a masterpiece of unintentional comedy, and a massive nostalgia trip at the same time. I hope some of you will get as big a kick out of this as I did:

You know seeing the wrestlers win, I was saying to myself “That had to have been worked”. But seeing them stand next to the WBF guys, I see why they won. They probably also edited a struggle in there to make the WBF guys look like they had a chance too.

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

At least T-Boz got to enjoy his moment in the sun for a few days.

I laughed way harder than I should have at this.  Now I can't not see that name now when seeing his stuff.

And I think those bots really wanted to turn their back on Rock and burn things.  Considering how many followers he has that still love him there's no way he cares about stuff like this.

• Thanks 1

You know what you will never, ever hear? "And NEW WWE Universal Champion, T-Bar!" Or Slapjack. Or Trucknutz. Or whoever the fuck. The names WWE gives people fucking kills them right out of the gate. To me, if I can never imagine their name being said in that "And new" line, then I can't buy into them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You know what you will never, ever hear? "And NEW WWE Universal Champion, T-Bar!" Or Slapjack. Or Trucknutz. Or whoever the fuck. The names WWE gives people fucking kills them right out of the gate. To me, if I can never imagine their name being said in that "And new" line, then I can't buy into them.

Frankly, I'm surprised that "Edge" won 11 World titles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gorman said:

I always though Edge was a cool name. I was a teenager when he debuted and was heavily into NIN and other similar stuff. Edge always seemed destined to be a world champion.

The name stuff is definitely a YMMV type of thing. It's going to sound normal to some and not to others, but I can't imagine a world where "T-Bar" or "Slapjack" are champions. At least not top champions.

Donovan Dijak though? Awesome name. Alliteration, strong sounding, and easy to just call him Dijak. WWE has proceeded to fuck his name up twice now, but it can't be any worse than what he's currently named.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Who exactly were they planning to feed Retribution to anyways? It's certainly not like WWE to start an angle without any conclusion drawn up. 

Probably Reigns after they turn him face in a few months time cos he gets so over as a heel. Typical WWE booking.

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

The only Retribution name that didn't sound completely terrible to me was Mace. I figured that had to be the name of the main guy and it's kinda close to Bane. T-Bar is so bad, it doesn't roll off the tongue at all. The only one of them I'm familiar with is Mia Yim, but I feel so sorry for them all. How many months before they're all released?

I hear WWE has started moving people with CFO$ themes off those, and onto new entrance music instead. Might be bad news for Bobby Roode when he comes back, unless he's going to be a heel whose gimmick is that he doesn't let people sing along to Glorious any more.

Apparently Heyman wanted James Storm to be on Raw, when he was in charge. But I got that off the Dirt Tweets.