DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

29 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought they were killing the brand split? 

This fucking company... (more like "this fucking owner")

This was never said or hinted to. That was just the wish of some fans. We have been hearing rumors of the draft coming for nearly two months.

With regards to Rock's statement, don't get too disheartened over the comments. A significant portion, ranging from 20-60% of smallhands himself's twitter followers are bots/propaganda accounts, the Rock being as famous a figure as he is will be subject to the same thing. One controversial account will reply to his tweet with something insane and then lots more will upvote it for visibility and to sow dissension. It's how social media works(unworks) nowadays. 

TLDR don't read read comments. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, also, did we already cover Flip Gordon being an absolute piece of shit and fucking asshole for his recent misinfo spread?

There's been so many, what did he do *this* time?

EDIT: *checks twitter*

i9Z4egW.gif?noredirect

Edited by Raziel
  • Haha 2

Just now, Raziel said:

There's been so many, what did he do *this* time?

Posted a thing on Instagram saying COVID is fake and it doesn't kill people, but bad doctors are killing people instead. Also, the tests are fake, masks don't work, and vaccines are toxic.

From a guy that thinks the planet is flat, I guess it also tracks that he thinks that now is the time for a cabal of evil doctors to kill hundreds of thousands of people.

46 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Posted a thing on Instagram saying COVID is fake and it doesn't kill people, but bad doctors are killing people instead. Also, the tests are fake, masks don't work, and vaccines are toxic.

From a guy that thinks the planet is flat, I guess it also tracks that he thinks that now is the time for a cabal of evil doctors to kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Flip seems like an idiot but is it really that hard to just ignore him instead of getting outraged and running to Twitter every time he says something?  He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong.  

I only know what Flip says on Twitter if someone brings it up on here.  Why?  Because I don't follow Trip on Twitter.  

Some of his opinions seem wrongheaded, at best, bit I hate to judge people I've never met.  So...

I find it easy to judge people I've never met when I know they're flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, and think COVID is a hoax. Fuck Flip. And no, everyone isn't entitled to an opinion. That is fucking dumb. Here's a simple explanation why - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_entitled_to_my_opinion

Do yourself a favor and stop thinking shit like being "entitled" to an opinion makes sense. It's up there with thinking "irregardless" is a word or saying "I could care less."

Sorry, I'm grumpy this morning.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Flip seems like an idiot but is it really that hard to just ignore him instead of getting outraged and running to Twitter every time he says something?  He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong. 

None of those things are opinions.

• Like 3

Opinions are based on interpretation of the facts, and you have the right to argue your opinion based on facts.

What Flip deals in is Truthiness, which is blind belief in something regardless of facts, evidence, logic, or anything else.  That makes him a fucking idiot.  It also, along with people like him and Aries, dangerous because they have an audience where they peddle this shit as real.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Ignorance by Austin Aries, Low-IQ and Flip Gordon makes them dangerous and puts others in danger. We lost a family friend from coronavirus, my dear friend nearly died from it and it closed permanently the charity shop I volunteered for. Stay safe, NDVDVR Family xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Flip's previous social media adventure was a video of him throwing his postal voting form in the bin, with a caption saying Voting is for Marks. Which, obviously with him being a California right winger, his personal vote really doesn't count for much at all, but if he influences swing state libertarians to not vote, that might help the democrats.

Also, someone responded with that picture of Soldier Flip with the replica WWE US title asking who the real Mark was, so that was funny. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

With regards to Rock's statement, don't get too disheartened over the comments. A significant portion, ranging from 20-60% of smallhands himself's twitter followers are bots/propaganda accounts, the Rock being as famous a figure as he is will be subject to the same thing. One controversial account will reply to his tweet with something insane and then lots more will upvote it for visibility and to sow dissension. It's how social media works(unworks) nowadays. 

TLDR don't read read comments. 

Look at it this way. He got 100,000 comments for the video... most comments on stuff like this tend to be negative, so figure the vast majority of his followers either hit "like" or it didn't move their dial one way or t'other.

All TWO HUNDRED MILLION of them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gordi said:

This is just a masterpiece of unintentional comedy, and a massive nostalgia trip at the same time. I hope some of you will get as big a kick out of this as I did:

Ditch the crazy gimmicks and the WWF side would have been an awesome heel stable! 

Spoiler

Berzerker telling the short bodybuilder "I've taken pills bigger than you" is amazing and so is Vince's outfit.

• Like 1