DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Mia Yim and the other girl new faction names might be Retaliation and Reckoning. Which one is which? I dunno at all.

Is their gimmick that they're actually Decepticons?  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well I guess we are really going to see how sloppy some of these shops are.   

The day after the Jags host the Dolphins, he allows them to start filling the stadiums again? That's a slap in the face, isn't it? (Although the Jags aren't exactly known for filling it full, unless they're playing a home game in London).

Also, it looks like basically the whole AEW roster was at the game, so presumably they either filmed next week's Dynamite earlier on Thursday, or they're doing it tonight instead.

Yeah if you looked at Twitter it seems like the majority of that AEW locker room was in one suite for the game.  With masks mostly and I assume the windows were taken out to let air in.    I mean if a money mark is going to put you in a couple thousand dollar suite for an NFL game even if it was the Dolphins vs Jags you for free you aren't turning it down.  Especially when the owner's son is your boss

59 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well I guess we are really going to see how sloppy some of these shops are.   

Madness. Declining sure, but still 2500 cases a day, that's what we (the UK) was getting last week and it's since doubled and we're getting more restrictions because of it. Not that we're doing anything correctly either.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Madness.

That might as well be Florida's state motto. Trust us, we know. 

EDIT: Oooo and I have to say this from what I just saw on the nightly news: they want to hold the Super Bowl there in February. Yeah. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Nothing could be more of an ode to the Road Warriors than absolutely terrible names for Road Warrior ripoff tag team members. 

They should have just taken a page from Chikara and gone full Space Mutiny with the names like Blaster McMassive and Flex Rumblecrunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In which thread was the rather long discussion on Ric Flair's convoluted plans just get to beating up Sting at? Anyway, It just occurred to me that what if he never was "Black Scorpion all along"? What if he and the Horsemen just punked out who ever the guy actually was, and Flair just swooped in at Starrcade, with the off chance that he may beat Sting for the belt that night?

Then he just said "it was me, all along!" just to mess with Sting's head after losing? As Matt D pointed out, he did regain the title pretty soon after that. He probably would have said it was him all along if he had won the title at Starrcade'90, so no one would question the legitimacy of the signed contract of Sting vs "Black Scorpion". I really had trouble sleeping last night, in case you couldn't tell.

• Like 3

“Hulk Hogan you can go to hell. For Dusty Rhodes, Bobby Heenan, Gene Okerland, I’m..I’m Tony Schiavone....I don’t know. We’re out of here. Straight to hell.”

Also in that segment, Heenan’s gradual transition from “I told you so” to an exacerbated “what do we do now” by the end is tremendous 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 8