DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Tony knows his shit about movies and comics.  I've seen bits and pieces about it on Conrad's podcast, but he doesn't get to show it off much (which is why stuff like this and his Jason Todd comments surprise people).

Huge KISS fan too. Hits many open spots on the nerd bingo card, God bless him. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, AxB said:

So when Santana and Ortiz came out with their faces painted, and Tony Schiavone immediately said "Hey, cool, Dead Presidents, what a great movie!", do you reckon he asked them backstage and they told him all about it, or that Tony is a legit John Singleton guy? Because I reckon he just knew.

I wondered about that too, when I saw them come out, I thought baseball furies, but the paint doesn't match. Then Tony said Dead Presidents, and I thought "ok Tony!"

16 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Even though "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking..." itself didn't age well, Keenan Ivory Wayans' cameos come to mind every time I go back and watch some of those films.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ad8c43e0857d43a02e

This movie is so quotable, in my family it's up there with Hot Shots, Naked Gun and other movies like that where we just randomly quote lines to each other all the time, yes we're very cheesy like that 

Happy birthday homeboy

Who me?

Yeah

Gets the most quoted, but then there's also "I got these cheeseburgers man!" And "alright, that's enough of that love!" Plus the gif MESSAGE gets quoted almost weekly Haha 

When they jump the one girls cousin and (can't remember who) comes through with the flying elbow off the top!?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Huge KISS fan too. Hits many open spots on the nerd bingo card, God bless him. 

That outfit he wore during the infamous TNA shoot interview wasn’t some wardrobe idea from Russo, that’s what he looked like on an average day. Dudes a massive dork.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Wasn't he considered one of the smart ones in the locker room? 

I was just about to post something like that.  Yeah, according to many he was and he'd always be talking to people about current events.  Considering how warmly people thought of him I never pictured this is the route he'd take.  It's a shame as when he started he seemed like Glenn had a decent handle on what he was doing.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

I was just about to post something like that.  Yeah, according to many he was and he'd always be talking to people about current events.  Considering how warmly people thought of him I never pictured this is the route he'd take.  It's a shame as when he started he seemed like had a decent handle on what he was doing.

He voted against all their local COVID stuff as is his way, so this isn't surprising.

• Sad 2

I knew he was anti-mask but didn't know how far he went voting against COVID things.  I should have known but didn't at the time and it's depressing knowing what I assumed to be a great man have such shit opinions like he does.

• Like 1