DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Vince will assume that since they're both Latinx, they must be the Bellas and have them do Twin Magic and be mad when it looks weird. Aleister Black will then shoot beat him up backstage.

Edited by Ryan
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Vince will assume that since they're both Latinx, they must be the Bellas and have them do Twin Magic and be mad when it looks weird. Aleister Black will then shoot beat him up backstage.

They could make Latina their last name, and retcon them into sisters. Zelina & Melina Latina. Then bring in Serena Deeb when her AEW deals up and make em a trio. $$$

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They could make Latina their last name, and retcon them into sisters. Zelina & Melina Latina. Then bring in Serena Deeb when her AEW deals up and make em a trio. $$$

Chikara would've done it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Black Magic, since he will now get a magician gimmick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

After Dave giving the street fight the other night the maximum star rating  - I was shocked to find out neither Raw or Smackdown have had a match rated ***** by him. 

Id have thought the famous RAW 10 man or THAT tag title change would have been candidates. But it seemed like he never used to give TV matches ratings outside of things like a Clash l.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Edwin said:

Booking aside, he just looked checked out and unmotivated in his matches. Like at that point he didn't even look like he was trying anymore. Watched that Nitro match he had with Booker T and oof did that match suck. Booker had that one electric comeback, but the rest was boring.

He was also injured a lot in WCW. He came in with the broken hand (or was it wrist?) from punching out Vince, later he blamed Malenko for not being careful with him causing him a torn groin muscle (Which lead to the great promo where he told the crowd that they didn't have a groin to tear), plus all the concussions. But there was lots of little stuff going on around WCW that killed his passion, too: he was being stalked by a crazed fan, his family was disintegrating and even little things like Doug Dillinger falling asleep so people snuck into his locker room and stole his jacket/tights (Jean-Pierre Lafitte?).

21 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Bret's personal life also took a turn around the time he went to WCW plus family drama and Owen's passing, his heart (sorry) probably wasn't in it. At least we got this:

And WCW almost killed this, too. Bischoff didn't want to put Hart in the ring with Goldberg because the crowd would cheer him over Hart. At one point, Hogan was scripted to come down and lay out Bret after he knocked out Goldberg and Bret asked why. No one knew why. Bret asked if he was going to be facing Hogan, and they said there were no plans for it. When he asked again why, they said he'd have to talk to Hogan so Bret went to Hogan and said "Why do you have to come down to the ring after?" and Hogan said "I don't have to come down to the ring." So then they told Bret to say he was quitting afterwards to play into the rumours that he was going back to WWF, so Bret just said fine. You know, we -deservedly- trash Vince for changing things on the fly all the time but it's nothing compared to the late-era lunacy of WCW. When you go back and read some of the stuff Bret and Jericho say, it's absolutely insane that angles are picked up and dropped with no rhyme or reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

He was also injured a lot in WCW. He came in with the broken hand (or was it wrist?) from punching out Vince, later he blamed Malenko for not being careful with him causing him a torn groin muscle (Which lead to the great promo where he told the crowd that they didn't have a groin to tear), plus all the concussions. But there was lots of little stuff going on around WCW that killed his passion, too: he was being stalked by a crazed fan, his family was disintegrating and even little things like Doug Dillinger falling asleep so people snuck into his locker room and stole his jacket/tights (Jean-Pierre Lafitte?).

And WCW almost killed this, too. Bischoff didn't want to put Hart in the ring with Goldberg because the crowd would cheer him over Hart. At one point, Hogan was scripted to come down and lay out Bret after he knocked out Goldberg and Bret asked why. No one knew why. Bret asked if he was going to be facing Hogan, and they said there were no plans for it. When he asked again why, they said he'd have to talk to Hogan so Bret went to Hogan and said "Why do you have to come down to the ring after?" and Hogan said "I don't have to come down to the ring." So then they told Bret to say he was quitting afterwards to play into the rumours that he was going back to WWF, so Bret just said fine. You know, we -deservedly- trash Vince for changing things on the fly all the time but it's nothing compared to the late-era lunacy of WCW. When you go back and read some of the stuff Bret and Jericho say, it's absolutely insane that angles are picked up and dropped with no rhyme or reason.

I think Nash was supposed to come down and leave Bret laying at one point too. Bischoff also wanted Bret to heel on the fans that night too. Bret was like, "people have literally been standing outside the arena all day in sub-freezing temperatures chanting my name. Why should I be a heel?"

Edited by cwoy2j

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Id have thought the famous RAW 10 man or THAT tag title change would have been candidates. But it seemed like he never used to give TV matches ratings outside of things like a Clash l.

Raw 10 men tag was rated at ****1/4 in the Feb 14, 2000 Observer

That tag title change was rated as ****3/4 in the May 28, 2001 Observer 

I'm a little surprised Flair never managed to piss Vince off enough for Vince to sign Jay Lethal and put him him on tv to do his Flair impression.

I'm not particularly a Jay Lethal fan (his finisher frequently requires the other guy to just stand in place like an idiot) but far worse guys have gotten signed to NXT.  Lethal can come off as bland, but other times he shows a fair bit of personality.  I could see something like Black Machismo catching on in the midcard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I'm a little surprised Flair never managed to piss Vince off enough for Vince to sign Jay Lethal and put him him on tv to do his Flair impression.

I'm not particularly a Jay Lethal fan (his finisher frequently requires the other guy to just stand in place like an idiot) but far worse guys have gotten signed to NXT.  Lethal can come off as bland, but other times he shows a fair bit of personality.  I could see something like Black Machismo catching on in the midcard.

Yeah I hate the handstand into the cutter for that reason.