DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

What is Flip even trying to imply?  He doesn’t think the wildfires are real?  He thinks the wildfires are pro-Canadian sympathizers?  Illegal aliens?  Democrats?

i mean, if you’re going to espouse some wacky conspiracy theory, would it be too much to ask that you tell me which wacky conspiracy theory you want me to buy into?

Canada does a better job of Raking the forest than California

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I agree with both Craig and Sami. It's hard to balance misanthropy and empathy, especially in 2020. 

I know what you mean, but it's made easier when many people are so willing to let you know how trash they are. 

• Like 2

The idea was that they do the Credit Union Amphitheater so they can have physically distanced fans like AEW does. Of course, this was the idea before they got the Thunderdome thing that actually saves them money.

4 hours ago, Eoae said:

What is Flip even trying to imply?  He doesn’t think the wildfires are real?  He thinks the wildfires are pro-Canadian sympathizers?  Illegal aliens?  Democrats?

i mean, if you’re going to espouse some wacky conspiracy theory, would it be too much to ask that you tell me which wacky conspiracy theory you want me to buy into?

I believe that the stupe du jour is that they aren't really wildfires, that they're all being set by "Antifa". Which you'd think would be progress from a couple years ago when the theory was "space lasers", except actual idiots on the ground have been stopping people trying to drive away from the fires, endangering everyone around them, looking for fictional antifa arsonists.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I believe that the stupe du jour is that they aren't really wildfires, that they're all being set by "Antifa". Which you'd think would be progress from a couple years ago when the theory was "space lasers", except actual idiots on the ground have been stopping people trying to drive away from the fires, endangering everyone around them, looking for fictional antifa arsonists.

I bet those idiots doing the gender reveal party were surprised by three things then - the gender, the wildfire they started, and that they're antifa sleeper agents.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I bet those idiots doing the gender reveal party were surprised by three things then - the gender, the wildfire they started, and that they're antifa sleeper agents.

That's what's so insidious about Antifa, they could be anybody. Even... YOU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

That's what's so insidious about Antifa, they could be anybody. Even... YOU.

Oh, maybe that's why Mia Yim and Dijakovic jumped Keith Lee, they don't have a clue that THEY are in Retribution, either! If that's how THAT works. .. the dinners will be awkward from now on at their house either way.

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

It also doesn't help that there's people like a county sheriff deputy over there saying that in a video.  He's on leave for now but the level of stupidity from people is astounding.

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

It's fine though. Armed patriot weirdos forming checkpoints because they believe their perceived enemies are responsible for the effects of a worsening climate catastrophe isn't a serious problem. This doesn't at all look like a precursor to civilian death squads and Mark Zuckerberg seems like a cool dude...

*sigh* At least space lasers are kinda funny. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, so as much as I want to go on and on and on about all that it's just not good for my mental health.

INSTEAD I have a completely random question.  Remember WWE Anthology that was a 3-disc compilation covering themes from their history?  Well, I was listening to it on the trail recently and it reminded me of the commercials.  Some of them were for guys they were in good standing with but there was one that featured Bret Hart's theme.  I remember first seeing that and thought they made peace and he was coming back.  This was of course during the time where Bret didn't want anything to do with them (and rightfully so)  Am I the only one that thought this?  Because I was so excited only to be incredibly let down finding out it's for a compilation CD.  I think they did the same for Warrior too.

• Like 1

Been reading this ACE oral history of 'The Town' (The Ben Affleck heist movie) and chuckled at this part

[quote]He knew from the beginning that [Magloan] was gonna be Slaine. The funny thing is—and I found this out later—he met John Cena for that role. They’re both from Boston and they’re doing the whole Boston thing, and Ben being Ben, in a very playful way, tries to like, wrestle him. But John is obviously a much bigger guy. The way John tells the story is, “Of course I do two [moves] on him and I’ve got him and he can’t move,” and [Affleck’s] like, “alright, alright, alright!”[/quote]

EDIT: I guess quote blocks don't work now?

Edited by caley
  • Like 2

I wish people would just sloooooooow down with social media, and the internet in general. Too much constant useless info a day is a distraction. Like I recently found out there was a backlash against certain streaming services for drip feeding episodes. As soon as I saw it, I just closed the page, and played music to meditate the negative energy away.

I can’t do it anymore. I’ve been diagnosed with ADD since I was four. These smartphones have made it worse. Now it’s all about confronting skeptics on the internet like Flip. I know some people have to go through it because it’s part of their jobs now, but fuck it all. I can’t focus on me, and what’s really in front if my eyes that effects my life. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I don't think she knows who Flip Gordon is, she is just Extremely Online.

Thats what put this over the top for me. From our perspective as hardcore fans, to see flip get dunked on by a famous celebrity who has no idea who he is is just hilarious.

• Like 1