DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Dummies don't know she's busy with Cody, Snoop and dog lover Burnt Chrysler doing that TBS show

Well, to be fair, Dawson is heavily rumored to actually be the live action Ahsoka in the Disney+ shows.

The first screencap I saw was all dark and blurry and could have been anyone, that's why I asked. But a better quality image showed up a few minutes later and yeah, that's Sasha.

10 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

What about the Starrcade 99 Powerbomb match between Sid and Nash that Nash won by convincing the ref that he powerbombed Sid when he really didn't? Now that is the height of laziness and referee incompetence.

That's definitely one of the all-time dumbest match endings. The heel tells the ref "Hey, I won the match when you weren't looking" and the ref just says "okay" and calls for the bell? If that works, how come the heels never try it after a ref bump during a normal match?

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Pretty sure he is fucking around because of that one person who somehow thought Cody was more famous than Rosario Dawson..

He (LoneWolf) is the person who though Cody was more recognizable than Rosario Dawson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See I'm fairly sure that Sasha Banks isn't going to be in the Mandalorian. That screencap is quite clearly Mercedes Varnado. Everyone knows WWE Superstars can't earn money outside of the WWE unless they use their real names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

That's definitely one of the all-time dumbest match endings. The heel tells the ref "Hey, I won the match when you weren't looking" and the ref just says "okay" and calls for the bell? If that works, how come the heels never try it after a ref bump during a normal match?

I was watching Bash at the Beach 94, and Vader vs. Guardian Angel ends when the referee who was either out of commission or distracted by Harley Race for minutes on end turns around and sees Angel w/ a weapon and Vader cowering in the corner. He awards Vader the match by DQ even though he never sees Angel strike Vader with said weapon. Ok, I get that they do this in Mexico all the time. I get that you probably needed a screwy finish to do another match down the road. However, it makes the referee look so incompetent because the ref is like a mom who decided to leave her bad ass kids at home, went across town to the supermarket, and somehow surprised that her kids got into some trouble while she was away. You expect the combatants with bad blood between them to just go on as usual with no referee? Moreover, you make a call based on what you DIDN'T see. Shit, if that's the case, a referee can award someone a pinfall (or submission victory depending the scenario) w/o counting if the referee was knocked out cold during the match, wakes up, and sees a visual pinfall where one guy has been laying on someone for god knows how long. If you've been knocked unconscious, you don't know how long you've been out. You didn't actually see what went on. It seems extremely arbitrary.