DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Amy Winehouse fan?

A coroner's inquest reached a verdict of misadventure. The report released on 26 October 2011 explained that Winehouse's blood alcohol content was 416 mg per 100 ml (0.416%) at the time of her death, more than five times the legal drink-drive limit.[258] According to the coroner, "The unintended consequences of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden death."[290]

That wasn't withdrawal, that was overdose.

EDIT II: No, that was overdose -- if it was withdrawal there wouldn't be anything in her system

Edited by Curt McGirt

WWE won all the CTE cases filed against them via dismissals, the claims were said to be frivolous or filed after the statute of limitations expired. Lawyer Konstantine Kyros will have to pay WWE.

WWE is negotiating third party groups deals for their Superstars to get a chunk of the revenue. Superstars or Wrestlers can still use Twitch and Youtube as long as they use their real names.

215TApM.gif

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I guess this is both DVDVR and wrestling related, but former poster here, EvilClown/Jonathan Snowden, and also a GIGANTIC piece of shit, is having a complete and total meltdown on Twitter related to his made up reporting of AEW related stuff.

It's always nice when asshole dickheads show their true colors on their own.

Wasn't he fan boying AEW hard early on? Did Tony upset him, lol?

Edited by Jiji

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I don't know, but for someone who is supposedly a journalist, he did a OANN-esque job by trying to claim TK was kicking journalists out or whatever the fuck on Saturday. Then everyone else there was like, "what, no, this never happened, also, who is Jonathan Snowden."

He's since be threatening people on Twitter among other things. For someone who worships Ken and Frank Shamrock, he may be patterning his life a little too much after them.

8 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Yes sir which makes the entire thing even more bizarre.

The meltdown once he got outed out was odd. He's a grown man and his replies were along the lines of "YEAH I BET U WULDNT SAY THAT TO ME IRL."

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:

The meltdown once he got outed out was odd. He's a grown man and his replies were along the lines of "YEAH I BET U WULDNT SAY THAT TO ME IRL."

If you know Snowden, you know it's not that odd or unexpected.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Btw Marty Jannetty has finally come up with an excuse for his Facebook murder confession.  He said it was part of a kayfabe storyline. ?

I'll just leave it to Parrow for my thoughts:

Wasn't he being investigated by police for this?  Because I'm sure admitting to making it up after they looked into this would still be cause for some kind of punishment, right?  At least I hope it is.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

No, that's always been his playbook. Seems like he's restricted his account now though, you can't see his tweets unless you're an approved follower.

Why are we talking about dumb twitter shit when we could be talking about, I dunno, suplexes?

You know what's a good suplex?  Northern lights.  Pretty much always looks good, you can bridge it into a pin or do that Minoru Tanaka floatover thing.

Northern lights, you are my Suplex Of The Day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

For people that remember when there was an actual weekend of Wrestlemania shows in 2019, one of the most legendary awful shows came from a promotion called Blackcraft Wrestling.  The makers of the company created a 1 hour documentary that talked about the companies history and the show that was so bad that it basically killed the company.  And if you thought it was a disaster before, imagine if they actually did what they wanted to