DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I agree with this, but the only downside is that wrestlers need to do a better job improvising when unplanned finishes happen, because they usually come off very awkward and obviously like a botch off some sort.  That Emma win that was mentioned, iirc, was a prime example of that.

Yeah, that was super awkward. Emma sort of celebrated and then Charlotte attacked her and put the Natural Selection on her to get her heat back, even though she wasn't even involved in the decision. It came off really weird and botchy.

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You can die from alcohol withdrawal. Trust me. 

Yeah ALCOHOL was the one everyone agreed on, so far (I think?) There has been confusion over the deadliness of different kinds of  (other) drug withdrawals.

I'll post this here too since no one reads the Puroresu forum.

No juniors(guys used as juniors anyway).

G1 Climax 2020

Block A
Ibushi, Okada, Ishii, Shingo, Yujiro, Taichi, MiSu, Cobb, Ospreay, White
Block B
Tana, Goto, Yano, Yoshi, Sanada, Naito, EVIL, Zed Ess Jay, Juice, KENTA

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Sturgis rally, where Chris Jericho and Fozzy performed, has now reached superspreader event status.

More than 250,000 cases of Covid-19 have been linked to the event.

Lovely.  My wife was out for a run and told me she saw, apparently, a little league baseball game going on.  I'm trying to figure out what these people are thinking.  All I can figure is that they don't think Coronavirus is as bad as is being reported OR they think being outside is so much safer that they can ignore distancing guidelines.  I honestly can't think of a non cynical reason ("they're just really fucking dumb!") for this.

I saw a report that, when a vaccine is released, 1 in 4 Americans say they will not take it.  Now I don't necessarily believe the stat is that high (maybe 1 in 10?) but still, holy shit.  I just don't understand people. 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Just now, Technico Support said:

Lovely.  My wife was out for a run and told me she saw, apparently, a little league baseball game going on.  I'm trying to figure out what these people are thinking.  All I can figure is that they don't think Coronavirus is as bad as is being reported OR they think being outside is so much safer that they can ignore distancing guidelines.  I honestly can't think of a non cynical reason ("they're just really fucking dumb!") for this.

I saw a report that, when a vaccine is release, 1 in 4 Americans say they will not take it.  Now I don't necessarily believe the stat is that high (maybe 1 in 10?) but still, holy shit.  I just don't understand people. 

I don't suppose that's about the impending vaccine that's being rushed through testing in time for Election Day, is it? Or was the reporting... err, reporting on people just saying in general they won't take a vaccine?

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don't suppose that's about the impending vaccine that's being rushed through testing in time for Election Day, is it? Or was the reporting... err, reporting on people just saying in general they won't take a vaccine?

Polls I've seen even before the election talk got tied generally have run along the lines of 20% saying they won't take it, 30% or more saying they are undecided.  It's going to be great when a lot of the people screaming "trust the doctors or you don't care about Grandma" suddenly decide they know more about medicine than the doctors.  

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

Polls I've seen even before the election talk got tied generally have run along the lines of 20% saying they won't take it, 30% or more saying they are undecided.  It's going to be great when a lot of the people screaming "trust the doctors or you don't care about Grandma" suddenly decide they know more about medicine than the doctors.  

It would rather depend on which Doctors were saying what.

Apparently, Renee Young's non-compete for working in Wrestling again is expiring in "Under a Year". Which makes it sound like it's almost that long...

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think that's the one.  Many see it is as a political move and without proper testing done it's understandable for many to not want to chance it.  Now if people take it and it does work then those undecided might take it later on.  There's also another one that Russia pushed out super quick but people are very wary about that for a multitude of reasons.  I think a proper vaccine won't be established until early next year.

Now as for for Sturgis it was the result we expected it to be but man does that make me angry that this was allowed to happen in the first place.  Whoever organized that should be arrested because as harsh as that sounds by having practically no guidelines in place they endangered many, many people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Sturgis rally, where Chris Jericho and Fozzy performed, has now reached superspreader event status.

More than 250,000 cases of Covid-19 have been linked to the event.

But Jericho said it was fine since they weren’t breaking the law...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'd be very concerned about any vaccine that arrives before the election. I also can't imagine I'll be able to get it soon anyways. We couldn't distribute gloves and masks, how will syringes and vaccine bottles will out? Especially with the state of USPS and other similar businesses being overwhelmed. 

On a wrestling note, I don't know if it's someone on here or formerly on here but I found a blog linking to a lot of Tenryu matches. I had never seen any of his matches before that I can remember. It was some tag match in WAR with three other wrestlers I'd never heard of. It was fantastic! Tenryu is amazing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I saw a report that, when a vaccine is released, 1 in 4 Americans say they will not take it.  Now I don't necessarily believe the stat is that high (maybe 1 in 10?) but still, holy shit.  I just don't understand people. 

A lot of people fell down dumb internet holes during lockdown and got pilled. If it's just 1 in 10 who are hard anti-vax at the moment, count yourselves lucky. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 4

This is coming very close to being too political, but let's just say that a lot of Americans are going to have to, uh, find new trust in the FDA's leadership, maybe say in January of next year, before they'll take a vaccine, and I don't blame them.

On (semi)topic, I find it amazing that the only two pro wrestlers who have ever voiced characters on "The Simpsons" are Stone Cold and the Hitman. Also, "Stone Cold and the Hitman" is a great name for an '80s gritty buddy cop TV show. But seriously, the producers of "The Simpsons" haven't found a way to get The Rock on their show? Or HulKKK Hogan? Or John Cena? That's wild. 

Personally, I would go out of my way to watch a modern-day episode of that show with the New Day on it. Or a modern-day episode of SNL with the New Day on it, for that matter.

Back off topic, this board is too bright now. ? Blue background settings, oh how I miss you. 

• Like 3

Matt Hardy said Jeff's WWE contract had time added (frozen contract when injured) to it and that's why Jeff is still in WWE.

Heath Slater said some guys are waiting for their WWE contracts to expire to join Impact. Probably are the lesser used roster members of WWE.

Edited by D.Z

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I wonder how many of those people are taking the same stance as me when answering, which is: Yeah of course I'll take the vaccine, but I'm just going to stay in the house until round 2 to see if any of the beta-testers become radioactive

37 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Matt Hardy said Jeff's WWE contract had time added (frozen contract when injured) to it and that's why Jeff is still in WWE.

Heath Slater said some guys are waiting for their WWE contracts to expire to join Impact. Probably are the lesser used roster members of WWE.

I haven't gotten to see a whole ton of Impact lately outside of the old shows they play on the Pluto channel, but if they can position themselves as the ECW to AEW's WCW with a nice roster re-build to freshen things up, then that might be a nice little niche to carve out for themselves. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The only thing with Sturgis is, I think you would have had to called out the National Guard to have stopped those bikers from showing up. And we know that wasn't going to happen. Maybe if they were protesting racial inequality though.

It didn't help that the Governor didn't seem to mind that Sturgis was going ahead. The Mayor was pretty upset, though.