DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

54 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Yeah, there's talk that a bunch of people reached out to Sean Ross Sapp disputing this. I've got to assume there was a misunderstanding on behalf of someone, because even by WWE standards that's fucked up and makes no sense whatsoever. 

Yep. Not being able to use their WWE monikers to promote their outside interests is the key. Which makes the situation much different.

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

So does Bruce have to stop the podcast?

I imagine Vince allows his employees (as opposed to his independent contractors) the ability to license the rights to use their birth names

Edited by Sammo~!

I will be so incredibly furious if this means the end of Asuka and Xavier's YouTube channels. Upupdwndwn is just wonderful and Kana Chan TV is just the absolute best. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I will be so incredibly furious if this means the end of Asuka and Xavier's YouTube channels. Upupdwndwn is just wonderful and Kana Chan TV is just the absolute best. 

WWE has a stake in Upupdwndwn so it's part of the approved third party content.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That was a concern I brought up, Kana Chan TV and Celtic Warrior Workouts on YT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Guys/girls, we can shit on WWE all we want, but when they let Heyman do promos to open a SD they will always drag knuckleheads like me back in.

That promo was fn incredible 

Good for you but I'm canceling the Network now. Fuck Vince and his shitty company. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Good for you but I'm canceling the Network now. Fuck Vince and his shitty company. 

Edit - genuinely I don’t know what I’ve missed, my post was simply about how good the Heyman / Reigns promo was

Edited by Ultimo Necro
Potential misreading of the room
  • Like 1

engaging sarcasm mode

But you guys, surely the 'E would never do something this sinister. We've been told so many times just how benelovent and classy the 'E really and truly is, just top class professionalism. Just look at their handling of the investigations into the recent allegations of some of their guys. Come on, can you find a more thorough investigation in recent memory especially considering their resources and deep pockets? Painting them as this evil company is like saying they only went live with NXT on Wednesdays because they wanted to hurt AEW! Or like saying that they only threw out contract offers to the Bucks to mess with New Japan's attempt to enter the US market.

Next thing you know, you'll be telling me that they fired one of the women on the roster whilst pregnant, or that they released one of their female roster not that long after giving birth! Guys, surely the 'E would never do such wretched things. You'll be telling me next how they bully their announcers too I bet, sometimes on live tv as part of a sketch! 

That's just nuts!

sarcasm disengaged ?

• Haha 1

Thanks to my first double post I'd like to thank the following:

I'll take an 80s Hogan match vs any monster of the month before I sit through another Corbin match

That said, I'll watch five Young Bucks matches before I watch another scaffold match

If I had to pick one to go and one to keep, I'd hang onto the Elimination Chamber and drop TLC (plenty of ladder matches already and tables are way more common especially when theres so many announce tables ringside)

If I had to sacrifice the career of one technically sound world champion to make sure Foley never brought his car crash stunt style into the business and spawned a generation or two of death match darlings, I'd go with either Kurt Angle or very worst case scenario Flair (ie To neutralize the influence of Mick Foley where he wrestles a "safer" style and I have to give up a world champ with world class technical proficiency in the ring...)

Edited by Hayabusa
Double post
  • Like 1