DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Starting this a hair early (well, it's September in the UK, so fuck it.) 

As stated in the NXT Thread, Mauro Ranallo has mutually parted ways with WWE.  

Also, Brock Lesnar's contract has expired and he is a free agent. 

On a side note, I closed the last thread because everyone needed to take a breather.  Life is hard enough right now without people yelling at each other here for whatever reason.  There's enough hate in this world without us doing it to each other.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Carrying on the news theme here, Rey Mysterio's torn his triceps so he'll be out a while. Good job he signed the three year contract. Same injury Edge suffered.

Feels like Rey always spends a good amount of his time injured whenever contracted to WWE. 

• Like 3

I see Brock as only having 3 options, which are going back to WWE, staying off the juice and other shit for 6+ months for a fight with Jon Jones or Stipe in UFC, or retirement. I can't see Brock retiring at this point and I can't see him living without T or any other shit he puts into his body, so I'm guessing he'll just be back in WWE when Vince feels like putting more McMahons on screen is no longer enough.

Mauro leaving WWE is for the best if you listened to WOR. His mom is in poor health, he can't really be a mental health advocate working a ton of dates for a company that essentially destroys your mental health, and he'll have plenty of work opportunities because he'll still be doing Showtime Boxing, he can do Belator, and hell, I guess you could get him on some NJPW shows here and there if Kevin Kelly, Charlton, or Rocky can't do a show. I like Mauro a lot and hope he finds continued peace in life.

• Like 6

Living in Baltimore I would pass by a place or two that advertised Washington Heights.  I had no idea that was New Jack's kid and of course I find this out after moving.  If I see her advertised I think I'll have to check out the show next time I'm in town.

In other news (that happened in July but nobody noticed), Jim Cornette's lawsuit against G-Raver ended unsuccessfully for Clownette:

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Can we get an episode of Rupaul's Drag Race where Natural Born Killers hits and New Jack turns up on the runway and starts destroying people with plunder while Rupaul looks on unimpressed.

Someone clearly didn't watch Season 11. 

• Like 1