DVDVR Message Board

RIP Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

nofuture

I'm stunned as I never heard a thing about his cancer. Fucking hell. 

Chadwick was an accomplished actor but he was so damn great as Black Panther. He just shined throughout that whole movie and I'll always love him for what he brought to that role. Seeing that was my favorite time in the theater as it was just an incredibly special experience. RIP, Chadwick. 

• Like 2

I'm stunned as I never heard a thing about his cancer. Fucking hell. 

Chadwick was an accomplished actor but he was so damn great as Black Panther. He just shined throughout that whole movie and I'll always love him for what he brought to that role. Seeing that was my favorite time in the theater as it was just an incredibly special experience. RIP, Chadwick.

Sorry, Dolfan. I know you were moving stuff as I typed it in the other thread. Please do what you need to. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

An underrated role of his was Vontae Mack in Draft Day because, you know, the movie is not good (Yet I watch it all the time) and Boseman’s role is super underwritten and developed but he brings such charisma and authenticity to the role that you wind up cheering for him by the end.  RIP

This son of bitch did ALL THIS while battling Stage III & IV colon cancer: 

Egjg0_qXYAEfDFk?format=jpg&name=medium

We should all appreciate how incredible a talent he was.   

Chadwick Boseman forever.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

To add to the above:

FUCK CANCER!!!

Yeah, for real. Got my father in law with stage four colon cancer. 

Shit, man. I'm crying with ya. This just fucking sucks so much. 

• Sad 2

An interesting note that Boseman paased away as Major League Baseball celebrates Jackie Robinson Day. Boseman played Robinson in 42. MLB normally celebrates Jackie Robinson Day on April 15th, which was obviously delayed due to COVID-19.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm stunned as I never heard a thing about his cancer. Fucking hell. 

Chadwick was an accomplished actor but he was so damn great as Black Panther. He just shined throughout that whole movie and I'll always love him for what he brought to that role. Seeing that was my favorite time in the theater as it was just an incredibly special experience. RIP, Chadwick. 

He was clearly struggling with something because @RIPPAand I had a little back and forth many months back about his strange weight loss in the Upcoming Movies thread. Plus, he trended for a whole day on Twitter not too long ago with people making jokes about his frail appearance, which obviously is horrible in hindsight. I was holding out hope nothing was seriously wrong with him.

Hey, I lost one of my good childhood friends to cancer a couple years ago and nobody knew he had it until he passed. It's one of those things. Just a motherfucker.

• Sad 4