DVDVR Message Board

All Out II - 9/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

54 minutes ago, Dog said:

The saddest part is that Ross is so stuck in the past, he probably thinks perving out is the right thing to do.

"So what, I'm not supposed to tell everyone how attracted I am to her? Excuse me for putting the talent over!"

No, like I said, I think it's Ross reading too much into the popularity of his own podcast and his free-wheeling nature on there and thinking that same shtick will play on AEW broadcasts. You'd have to listen to his podcast to know for sure, but slowly over time, he keeps working in more and more stuff from the podcasts into his commentary. It's a misread on his part and he should probably stop.

5 hours ago, Dog said:

The saddest part is that Ross is so stuck in the past, he probably thinks perving out is the right thing to do.

"So what, I'm not supposed to tell everyone how attracted I am to her? Excuse me for putting the talent over!"

Not to mention, he's very selective in his perving. It might be that in his mind he's divided the Women's roster into Serious Wrestlers on the one hand and Eye Candy on the other, and so he only mentions the looks of some of them. Or possibly despite their great beauty he doesn't find Shida, Swole, Red Velvet or Brandi Rhodes attractive for... other reasons. Who can say?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Not to mention, he's very selective in his perving. It might be that in his mind he's divided the Women's roster into Serious Wrestlers on the one hand and Eye Candy on the other, and so he only mentions the looks of some of them. Or possibly despite their great beauty he doesn't find Shida, Swole, Red Velvet or Brandi Rhodes attractive for... other reasons. Who can say?

Red Velvet doesn’t even ring a bell but I would say that Brandi Rhodes is really the only one on your list that is conventionally attractive—in the sense that you could imagine seeing her in ad for guess jeans or whatever at a mainstream place like Target or something. And she’s his bosses wife.

Also, AEW has the worst women’s division in wrestling by far. What do you want to comment on...how sloppy and unbelievable looking they are?

If you have a problem with JR treating some of the AEW women like Divas then maybe AEW shouldn’t put on so many women’s matches that look like two divas from 2003 were suddenly transported to AEW trying to have a modern wrestling match. It’s usually embarrassing and unwatchable.

JR stumbled over himself praising how good Serena Deeb vs Thunder Rosa was because neither of them are under contract.

The best women’s match in the history of Dynamite was between two women not even under contract.

You should be bitching about that. 

Edited by Bryan

15 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Also, AEW has the worst women’s division in wrestling by far. What do you want to comment on...how sloppy and unbelievable looking they are?

JR called WCW through Sid's big push. JR called a wrestlemania with Giant Gonzales on the card. Shut the fuck up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

JR called WCW through Sid's big push. JR called a wrestlemania with Giant Gonzales on the card. Shut the fuck up.

JR having witnessed garbage in the past doesn’t magically make the AEW women’s division good or entertaining. Make me.

@AxBDifferent strokes I guess but most of Riho’s (at 90lbs) offense on a close to 200lber wasn’t believable and Nyla was and is still green and sloppy. Thunder/Serena was crisper and more believable. Also, it being the second best wouldn’t be much better for disproving that AEW’s women’s division is a dumpster fire.

The match should have ended with Hardy smashing his head on the concrete. I've always felt that the old time reaction of ignoring injuries and continuing the match was opposite of the old time kayfabe. When someone gets injured, they should not hide it. They should sell it and finish the match to show that wrestling is real and they can get hurt at any time. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, matt925 said:

@Bryan there’s literally no one on here who is praising or defending the aew’s women’s division. 

No reason to get angry about it though. 

Yeah, and it was no more than a few days ago  (week, whatever ) that there were more than one heartfelt plea for more civil conduct amongst the posters, since there is more than enough bad behaviour and negativity IRL and outside this board.

I have a hard time believing we have all forgotten about that already, surely we have not?

Now negative things deserve negative or harsh reactions, but let's not let that mean we need to lash out at each other, right?

Not my beef, but just pointing this out, as if it needs more pointing out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

JR having witnessed garbage in the past doesn’t magically make the AEW women’s division good or entertaining. Make me.

@AxBDifferent strokes I guess but most of Riho’s (at 90lbs) offense on a close to 200lber wasn’t believable and Nyla was and is still green and sloppy. Thunder/Serena was crisper and more believable. Also, it being the second best wouldn’t be much better for disproving that AEW’s women’s division is a dumpster fire.

I don't remember these complaints when Rey was beating 300 lb guys on occasion.   Also, Nyla did beat Riho eventually- it was sold as Nyla being green/overconfident the first time.

5 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, and it was no more than a few days ago  (week, whatever ) that there were more than one heartfelt plea for more civil conduct amongst the posters, since there is more than enough bad behaviour and negativity IRL and outside this board.

I have a hard time believing we have all forgotten about that already, surely we have not?

Now negative things deserve negative or harsh reactions, but let's not let that mean we need to lash out at each other, right?

Not my beef, but just pointing this out, as if it needs more pointing out.

@Bryan doesn't read the board, he just posts here. The fact that we were talking about who Red Velvet was LAST WEEK and he pulls an "I don't know who Red Velvet is" right afterwards in the same forum should let everyone know that. I think he might be the guy who @Craig H was referencing as Flair's Shadow not being.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

@Bryan doesn't read the board, he just posts here. The fact that we were talking about who Red Velvet was LAST WEEK and he pulls an "I don't know who Red Velvet is" right afterwards in the same forum should let everyone know that. I think he might be the guy who @Craig H was referencing as Flair's Shadow not being.

It's not. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dog said:

That's the thing, right?  There's a saying, "your boner doesn't matter!"  It reminds me of the guys sing/chanting at Bayley "heeeyyy Bayley, I wanna knowwwww, will you be my girl?!"  Like, dudes, that is not a compliment.  You're not putting Bayley over by chanting about how much you want her, you incels.  It's one step removed from catcalling women and thinking it's a compliment and not harassment.

11 hours ago, AxB said:

You forgot category 3: BIG WOWMAN (Statlander and Nyla).  Speaking of, I legit have no idea how he's resisted saying something really retrograde about Nyla.  Maybe TK paid for some conditioning with electrodes and whatnot, some real Clockwork orange shit.  ?

6 hours ago, alstein said:

I don't remember these complaints when Rey was beating 300 lb guys on occasion.   Also, Nyla did beat Riho eventually- it was sold as Nyla being green/overconfident the first time.

Everybody shitting on Riho/Nyla loved the Sting/Vader series, too, I bet.  What was vader's kayfabe weight advantage?  Probably more than that between Riho and Nyla.    There's so much big vs little throughout the history of pro wrestling, but somehow when women do it, it's  a bridge too far?

Wait, AEW's best women's match on Dynamite was between two people who weren't signed? Uh, I'm pretty sure both Britt Baker and Hikaru Shida were signed when they wrestled in QT's school during the pandemic.

Also, ROH's women's division would like to speak with anyone that says AEW has the worst division. Oh yeah, sign me up for some Beautiful People matches or to watch SUMIE SAKAI for fucks sake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Wait, AEW's best women's match on Dynamite was between two people who weren't signed? Uh, I'm pretty sure both Britt Baker and Hikaru Shida were signed when they wrestled in QT's school during the pandemic.

Also, ROH's women's division would like to speak with anyone that says AEW has the worst division. Oh yeah, sign me up for some Beautiful People matches or to watch SUMIE SAKAI for fucks sake.

I would watch Sumie Sakai any day over Katie Forbes who they inexplicably had there for a short time.  And at least Beautiful People were a great act in TNA.  But while their division is worse considering how irrelevant ROH is now I don't blame people for forgetting about them.

And I find it almost amusing trying to figure out who Craig's referring to. 

I likely don't know what I'm talking about, but I know for sure Flair's Shadow isn't because awhile back he gave us all his twitter. He's just a dude. A dude who is very committed to the bit. He may be related to BEN for all we know given how committed he is to a bit.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Good point.  I'd say both that match and Nyla/Riho were better than Rosa/Deeb.  Rosa/Deeb had some miscues and some tentativeness, was still better than any women's match in a while, but not better than those two.  As has been said many, many times, travel being impaired is really hurting the division.

• Like 2

Riho had good to great matches with Nyla, Shida, and Statlander, while Shida has had great matches with Baker and now Thunder Rosa. It's not the greatest track record but there have been highlights. Impact has a fuller roster, not all of them are better wrestlers but Purazzo, Grace, Valkyrie, Emma, and Kylie Rae as anchors for that division make it as strong as ever. ROH is definitely worse than AEW in term's of female talent and WWE is clearly miles ahead right now.

• Like 2

It's hard to state a best match from the Women's division as few have been on any sort of high quality level 'best'.  For me anyway.  But I was into Riho's run for the high fun factor level.  The Nyla match like a lot of Riho's run were pretty dull to start, but Riho had some sort of  late match heat surge magic.  The division has been pretty much in shambles from the beginning, but Riho brought some great energy to the title fights.  The Emi Sakura match from an earlier PPV may have been my favorite - other than some that rank higher in the late match surge department.  Unlike a lot of our DVDvr posters I loved Emi Sakura.    

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I thought Sakura was good in the ring but her Freddie Mercury tribute gimmick was ponderous, especially for a heel.

It felt very much like random luchadores with fun kinda gimmicks being heels in WCW. Why on earth do I want to boo La Parka? 

• Like 1