DVDVR Message Board

All Out II - 9/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I wasn't aware Concussion Protocol only takes... 64 seconds. 

I saw that a short but legitimate concussion protocol test takes 15 minutes to complete. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

I really hope that Lance Archer actually beats Moxley for the title because if he can't beat Moxley then it is painfully clear they are just waiting for a WWE or Impact guy to get released to put the belt on him.   Always believed that AEW will never be a serious promotion until they have a world champion that isn't a WWE cast off.    MJF doesn't need to be a champion right now put it would have been good for the company

Ah yes, noted WWE cast-offs Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley.

If you leave on your own volition, you aren't a cast-off. Matt Cardona, Brodie Lee, etc? Yeah, those are cast-offs, they were no longer wanted or needed.

• Like 2

You have to build your own stars. They have been doing that in the tag division with the Bucks, Page & Omega, and others although I guess with FTR now the champions we will see   yes I realize that Lance Archer was mostly a New Japan guy but in the US he can be considered an AEW guy.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I really hope that Lance Archer actually beats Moxley for the title because if he can't beat Moxley then it is painfully clear they are just waiting for a WWE or Impact guy to get released to put the belt on him.   Always believed that AEW will never be a serious promotion until they have a world champion that isn't a WWE cast off.    MJF doesn't need to be a champion right now put it would have been good for the company

I don't understand this line of thinking. AEW put the belt on Jon Moxley because he's one of the two best promo guys in North America (Eddie Kingston), a solid worker who's had good matches with a variety of guys, and because he was the most highly visible free agent of the last decade. There's not a "home grown" AEW guy who has half the resume Moxley has. Moxley isn't a "castoff" in any sense of the word. Vince personally begged the guy to stay and allegedly offered him everything under the sun to keep him. Mox is the most highly visible wrestler on the roster who probably has the broadest appeal amongst fans. Casuals know him as the Shield guy and the hardcores know him as the guy who told Vince to go fuck himself. If there's a "homegrown" AEW guy with that level of visibility, so be it. But there isn't. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lance looked awesome last night. Would be interesting if he won the title but I feel like that would be too close to what they've done with Brodie Lee. It's Omega's time to get revenge in a straight wrestling match v Mox. I wonder what they do for a rubber match further down the line. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Think we’re gonna get the cleaner vs Moxley at full gear and the Kenny run will begin. 

I'm not sure why people think a Kenny run would be good for AEW's business. No one knows who the fuck he is. This is the kind of things that happens when AEW overestimates their audience's internet presence, like when Butcher & the Blade debuted to silence.

• Like 2

This talk of cast-offs is dumb now, and it always will be. Look at the rankings - as of 9/2, anyway. Three in the singles, one and a half in the tag team rankings. That's it. Everyone else are from the indies, or mostly known for their work in other companies that aren't WWE.

But, yeah, go off guy. You might have a point if they brought in Matt Cardona and he immediately challenged Jon Moxley, or if Shawn Spears was getting a huge push, but none of that is happening and likely never will.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

You would think that someone in the back who has actual experience like a Billy Gunn or Dustin Rhodes or Dean Malenko would have told him shit like that. 

Eh, I'd wager the reaction from the most of "the boys" sadly is more admiration for Matt Hardy being "a tough son of a bitch" instead of taking any safety measures into account.

• Like 1

Just now, just drew said:

I'm not sure why people think a Kenny run would be good for AEW's business. No one knows who the fuck he is. This is the kind of things that happens when AEW overestimates their audience's internet presence, like when Butcher & the Blade debuted to silence.

I don't think this is a fair comparison at all. Kenny had enough buzz that any semi-online wrestling fan had at least heard the name prior to AEW, and he's been featured prominently on national television for a year. Butcher and Blade came out of nowhere to the point that even their audience was like "Who?" Apples and oranges. 

Not saying a Kenny run would be good or bad. I don't know. I just find it to be a weak comparison. This fan base knows Kenny. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I will say that in the positive that AEW might have actually built a new star on their own in Will Hobbs.  He looked very impressive in the battle royal.   I guess we will see if that was just a one time thing and he will be back to jobbing on AEW Dark

Totally spaced on Hobbs...he looked great. Would be great for him to be a protege/project for a manager. Maybe Arn? I don't think he'd fit with Tully, Jake or Taz.

• Like 2

Even if Kenny isn’t known...they have a national tv show and three months to make him known. I think it will be great. Remember the taped promo Kenny cut last year when it was first announced that Moxley would miss their match? It was fire and I eagerly look forward to more. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, just drew said:

We were supposed to know who they were?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Hey psycho....I’m doing a bit. You get it? If I was trying to put myself off as some insider I wouldn’t be calling myself the shadow you dumbass.

Now you...you got issues. You stalked me like you have you have me as one of your love interests. Just to let you know pal I’m not interested. 

You spend half your posts talking about me which means I have made an impact on your life I guess but maybe you should pick up another hoppy because you are a bit on the obsessive side don’t you think?

lol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

We were supposed to know who they were?

Well, ideally, the announcers would explain who they are and why we should care. Excalibur TRIED somewhat, but didn't do an awesome job of it. But JR just totally shit all over the debut and what Excalibur was saying (what's new there). I knew who they were, some others did, but really, expecting a live crowd to know Pepper Parks and the guitarist for Every Time I Die was just a bad move in general. But on the live broadcast - Excalibur could have done a lot better, but JR absolutely didn't help things either.

Count me in for thinking Omega wins the title. 

BTW, while everyone was going on about Matt Hardy, no one talked about what a fucking asshole Omega was. In terms of being an asshole and a piece of shit, this ranks near the top. Hangman shows all match that Kenny can trust him, Kenny blasts Hangman in the face with a V Trigger, Hangman takes TWO spike piledrivers from FTR, and to Kenny, it's all Hangman's fault.

I really, really hope the story they're telling is that Omega is a narcissistic piece of shit for wrongly blaming Hangman when it's Omega's fault. That seems to be the direction and I guess Hangman is finally the lone wolf he should be.

This was the story beat that stood out the most and Hangman continues to be one of the best actors in wrestling. 

• Like 4

I agree with the sentiment that the crowds need to be mic'd better. They are fighting a tough battle with the spread out nature of seating during a pandemic, it being humid Florida, and no roof to contain the noise. I never know how great a crowd is because of my speaker settings  or something but they were apparently pretty lively early on and it wasn't all that audible outside of a few moments. 

• Like 2

Heel champ Omega in full cleaner pomp and arrogance vs. redemptive anxious millennial cowboy babyface for the title at a ppv next year is going to be the absolute best. They've built to it since the start of the company. He can even fail the first time if you feel like he can go even deeper with self doubt. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Heel champ Omega in full cleaner pomp and arrogance vs. redemptive anxious millennial cowboy babyface for the title at a ppv next year is going to be the a absolute best. They've built to it since the start of the company. 

Give me this at Revolution you fucking cowards!

• Like 1