DVDVR Message Board

All Out II - 9/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

MJF and new 4 Horsemen era begins tonight!!

Thank you Tony Khan!

The Apocalypse is better than all of you and you know it!!!

However, I’m open to the possibility the 4th Horsemen will not be announced tonight but wait until Dynamite-Wednesday. Khan said there will be a big surprise on next Dynamite. 

But however it goes I for one welcome our new overloads..

4 Horsemen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Matt Hardy thing was inexcusable- even if you had to rewrite things, you do it to stop a guy from getting himself killed.

the title matches were great, Mimosa was ok, other stuff meh.

They need to make matches shorter- you could tell the heat was making things sloppy.   Tag title match would have been even better if it was 5-10 min shorter.

I was thinking today about how much money AEW should throw at Jay White when they could.  MJF in a couple of years could be as good as Jay White is now.   They both feel like heirs to Bockwinkel.

Outside of the HArdy situation which deserves every bit of condemnation, I'm not as cold on this show as most folks here, but it was AEW's worst effort.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1

Other than World Tag Team Match and Women’s World Championship match this was a brutal performance by AEW. This was their worst night of their existence and it’s a good thing they didn’t put this performance on last year or they might not be around anymore.

I’ll let you guys get into all the botches but having Moxley, Lee and FTR as your 3 champions (Men’s) coming out of this PPV only adds to the heat AEW deserves to get after this horrific event.

I have confidence AEW will rebound but they took 2 steps backwards this evening. 

Incredibly disappointing show. Aubrey Edwards tried to stop the Hardy/Sammy match but I guess got overruled. Crazy. The Darby Allen bump was just absolute dumbfuck shit. And as for the shooting star press I've made my feelings known on it before but I guess it bears repeating, I think it's an absurdly dangerous move, I don't know a single worker in 30 years that has landed it consistently, and even when it hits it looks awkward and dangerous. I don't think I'd allow it if I ran a promotion. Those three bumps all could have ended careers (or worse).

There were a couple good things on this show, the women's title match, the Jericho/Cassidy match. The Private Party match on the pre-show of all things. I thought Baker/Swole was fine as a comedy/weird segment and I got what I wanted out of it. But man, this show looked loaded up and I didn't enjoy way too much of it.

Not AEW's finest hour. Maybe I'll feel different later but I've been a bit heated ever since that Hardy bump to be honest.

• Like 2

JR bringing it again with the references tonight. Ray "The Crippler" Stevens and Mr. Wrestling II in 2020! Bob Armstrong gets a pass since he recently died.

Kudos to Will Hobbs for the huuuuge push he got tonight being in that battle royal. #21 reveal was, eh...and winner was also.

That Matt Hardy spot....yeouch.

1 minute ago, Death From Above said:

as for the shooting star press I've made my feelings known on it before but I guess it bears repeating, I think it's an absurdly dangerous move, I don't know a single worker in 30 years that has landed it consistently

PAC lands it safe every time. And his version is harder than the standard one.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Other than World Tag Team Match and Women’s World Championship match this was a brutal performance by AEW. This was their worst night of their existence and it’s a good thing they didn’t put this performance on last year or they might not be around anymore.

I’ll let you guys get into all the botches but having Moxley, Lee and FTR as your 3 champions (Men’s) coming out of this PPV only adds to the heat AEW deserves to get after this horrific event.

I have confidence AEW will rebound but they took 2 steps backwards this evening. 

But but. I thought you love FTR. Aren’t they supposedly part of the Apocalypse???

Oh wait your boy MJF jobbed, Miro never debuted, and you’re still trying to act like an insider? Get out of here with that BS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Only one who comes away good from the shameful Matt Hardy/Sammy Guevara match is referee Aubrey Edwards who stopped the match as Matt was out but was overruled. Well done, Aubrey.

How the doctor or anyone in management thought letting him continue with a serious head injury was the right or safe thing to do is beyond me. 

I get that maybe Matt wanted to continue, but that’s when you tell him no, and get him taken to the hospital. 

Hell my own job is nothing like this, but last December when I suffered a concussion my boss did the professional thing, and insisted I go home for the day, get checked out by a doctor or the hospital (whichever I chose), and not return to work again until I’m fully cleared. Even though I insisted I’d finish out my shift. 

• Like 1