DVDVR Message Board

2020 PWI Top 500

AxB

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Egdc8KvXkA0WmWv?format=jpg&name=small

This is going to be moved into it's own thread once the full list comes out, probably.

I have no problem with him as #1. He's the top guy on a promotion that debuted as a success in the biggest market and continues to gain on WWE in the key demos. This was something that nobody thought was possible.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the full list anywhere yet, but lots of wrestlers are tweeting where they were placed. I know who's #500 already.

1 Jon Moxley
2 Adam Cole
3 Chris Jericho
4 Drew McIntyre
5 Tetsuya Naito
6 Kazuchika Okada
7 Cody Rhodes
8 Seth Rollins
9 Kofi Kingston
10 AJ Styles
11 Keith Lee
12 Brock Lesnar
13 Kenny Omega
14 Roman Reigns
15 Nick Aldis
16 Bray Wyatt
17 Kota Ibushi
18 Rush
19 Braun Strowman
20 Jacob Fatu
21 Will Ospreay
22 MJF
23 Aleister Black
24 Kento Miyahara
25 WALTER

For a kayfabe list all things considered that's a really good spot for AJ.

As for the print version I think the ad said it comes out in late September.  So I'll have to keep an eye out.  I stopped collecting them since AJ was number 1.  But this might be one worth picking up.

And I kind of want to check out Dan the Dad now.  Sounds like one helluva gimmick.

Apparently the reason why the men's PWI 500 is a mixed list is because of intergender matches. But therefore women who never have intergender matches aren't considered, which is why there's loads of indie women on there but no WWE ones (unless some recent signings who were doing IG on the indies make it in).

Whether this means we'll be seeing male wrestlers on the women's 500 (or whatever number) I don't know.