DVDVR Message Board

AEW Thursday Night Thunder - 8/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, just drew said:

If I were in the AEW executive room, I'd have pitched for Mox to allude to the fact that he's dealt with a self-obsessed blowhard golden boy before, and it didn't work out for that guy either. You don't say the name "seth rollins," but you sure do let the awkward silence say it. But he's been fantastic. Having Mox blow MJF out would be the way to get past the cartoonyness of MJF's current gimmick. 

Having Moxley blow out MJF does have some merit. MJF would not be harmed and his character can be shaped as more mature after his beating much like Ric Flair when he first lost to Harley Race in his first attempt to win NWA World Championship.

However, All Out PPV is the birth canal of the Apocalypse....the new 4 Horsemen....

Anderson/Blanchard

FTR

MJF

Miro

MJF will be crowned AEW World Champion and take his rightful place as the “Flair” of the new Horsemen. 

2 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Having Moxley blow out MJF does have some merit. MJF would not be harmed and his character can be shaped as more mature after his beating much like Ric Flair when he first lost to Harley Race in his first attempt to win NWA World Championship.

However, All Out PPV is the birth canal of the Apocalypse....the new 4 Horsemen....

Anderson/Blanchard

FTR

MJF

Miro

MJF will be crowned AEW World Champion and take his rightful place as the “Flair” of the new Horsemen. 

No Alex Wright??

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Shadow don't know shit because Miro isn't coming back. Maybe one day, but it seems like he's enjoying just staying at home and being a Twitch streamer.

Well....I guess this is the time to unveil more information to ease your concerns.

Miro is complaining about his internet service today so he can’t do his twitch streamer.

The truth is Miro can’t do his twitch streamer because after coming back from vacation because he is in isolation near the PPV location before he receives his first of multiple Covid 19 tests before the event.

Miro is not in position to do his twitch streamer at this time...he is getting ready...

MJF-MIRO-FTR

I must be the only one who is totally over Jericho's commentary. Two straight hours of a dude yelling at me brings back too many memories of Mark Madden. He sometimes has some interesting stuff to say/points to make, but when 90% of it is delivered in angry, deluded Jericho shout, it becomes unclear which stuff he really means and which stuff he's saying for effect. I start to tune out after 20 minutes or so to the point that at the end of the night when he got jumped by Orange, I didn't even really notice because I just assumed he was shouting about something in the ring.

• Like 1

He was stumbling over not only himself but both Tony and JR, interrupting them constantly, shouting unnecessarily (even for wrestling commentary), and fucked up a bunch. Like he'd start a sentence and not know where he's going with it and stutter his ass off. It was really bad. I've enjoyed most of his commentary previously but he was hurting the show last week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

He was stumbling over not only himself but both Tony and JR, interrupting them constantly, shouting unnecessarily (even for wrestling commentary), and fucked up a bunch. Like he'd start a sentence and not know where he's going with it and stutter his ass off. It was really bad. I've enjoyed most of his commentary previously but he was hurting the show last week.

This doesn't bother me at all, thought. If anything, it adds to the genuineness and legitimizes his commentary. You know he's not being fed lines verbatim like in other companies. That, and having someone sound excited about your product will make others get excited too, it's marketing 101.

i've enjoyed Jericho each time he's done commentary. This time the least, but i still thought it added to, rather than detracted from, the show. 

i'm not sure if this week was due to diminishing returns, outside factors on his end, or just me being more distracted than i usually am. probably a combination.

I thought Jericho was excellent in a two-man booth with just Tony.  In a three man booth, his constant yelling schtick is just too goddamn much.  Now he does do some things to get guys over and he brings up good points occasionally, but the bad outweighs the good as he's constantly yelling and stepping all over everyone.

• Like 2