DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

The Rockets had a lot of success under D'Antoni relative to the rest of the NBA. 

D'Antoni was 217-102 in his four seasons as Rockets coach, advancing once to the Western Conference finals and three times to the conference semifinals. D'Antoni, a two-time NBA Coach of the Year, led the Rockets to the highest winning percentage in the Western Conference over the past four years (.682), trailing only the Toronto Raptors (.695) in the entire league.

Only the Golden State Warriors (46), Boston Celtics (33), and Raptors (31) have more playoff victories than the Rockets (28) in D'Antoni's four-year run in Houston.

It's a shame that they didn't have a championship to show for it, but that's how history will judge them. 

Most people expected the Lakers to beat the Rockets, but you can't tell us that Rockets fans weren't bolshie about their chances. The Rockets had the best defense in the bubble, the best scoring duo since Shaq and Kobe, the best scorer in the league, etc. The euphoria after Game 1 only made things worse. Once the writing was on the wall, suddenly it was a series the Rockets were never meant to win. 

I'm not even going to argue the difference between a dominant 25 points vs. a pedestrian 29 points. The games weren't close enough to make a comparison. Anyone who watched that series knows how badly LeBron wants another ring. Harden had no fight in him. The Lakers defense wasn't anything he hasn't seen before. He just couldn't fight over the top of it. LeBron doesn't even have that great a team, but he's got them gelling. 

Westbrook was bad. Much worse than Harden. But I don't think Harden had a great series by any stretch of the imagination. Like Brian said, Harden is a perennial All-Star, a scoring champ and MVP candidate, but he needs to get to that next level. The best way to quiet the doubters is to put that shit to sleep. 

It's hard to see how the Rockets can retool their team to make a championship run, but now is the perfect opportunity. There's no Warriors dynasty. It's unclear how good the top teams will be during the next season. Maybe Harden needs to do some load management and save himself for the playoffs because the impression everyone gets is that he fades in the post-season.  

Edited by ohtani's jacket
  • Like 1

@Jiji literally  said in the other thread you'd flood this one with 8 tweets. 

Amazing.  

Again, don't fucking flood posts with more than 2 pictures/tweets/videos/etc.    The server runs Windows 98 and can't handle it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't want to say shit so I didn't jinx it but Denver winning this is an all timer. I gave them very little chance to do it at the start and next to nothing after Clippers went up 3-1. Wow. This is a big one.

After Pat Beverly huff and puff all season too. Nothing is over.

• Like 1

Madness. Absolute madness. Both 1 & 2 seeds out in the East. 2 seed in the west drops a 3-1 lead to a team that just got past the Jazz after going down 3-1 there. This isn't supposed to happen in the NBA. We need Harden on the Warriors now just so the end of the world can be complete. 

Bam's block was beautiful and if he ever gets a shoe deal it should played in slow mo for his commercial. I jolted up when I saw it in real time because it was so clean.?

Tweet from Mike Beuoy (@inpredict)
Mike Beuoy (@inpredict) Tweeted:
Nuggets series win probability:

Game 5, down 13, Q3 1:25 : 0.2%
Game 6, down 19, Q3 10:10 : 0.4%

It's currently 95%. https://twitter.com/inpredict/status/1306070492952977413?s=20

Edited by _MJ_

10 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK THE CLIPS

FUCK PG

FUCK KAWHI

FRAUDS

FRAUDS

FRAUDS

CHOKERS

And how many rings does Kawhi have? How much playoff success does he have? I’m still waiting for you to tell me how a guy that only plays offense, and has only made the Finals once while being carried by KD and Russ is better than him.

But hey go ahead, and run over to the off-season topic, and post a badly photoshopped pic of Kawhi begging him to join your losers. So which is it? Is he a choker (which there’s less than zero evidence of) or is he better than both your bums, and you know they can’t win crap without him? 

3 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

And how many rings does Kawhi have? How much playoff success does he have? I’m still waiting for you to tell me how a guy that only plays offense, and has only made the Finals once while being carried by KD and Russ is better than him.

But hey go ahead, and run over to the off-season topic, and post a badly photoshopped pic of Kawhi begging him to join your losers. So which is it? Is he a choker (which there’s less than zero evidence of) or is he better than both your bums, and you know they can’t win crap without him? 

Jesus Christ, will you two fucking stop, already?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2