DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Besides being a 22yo boomer, Michael Porter Jr. makes a lot of rookie mistakes. That must've been his 3rd or 4th scramble turnovers in the playoffs.

But he can shoot and that dunk tho.

Edited by Jiji

That's a signature moment for most everybody else. Just another great play by Kawhi. Murray looking extra regular this series for the most part. Even in the win he was a -9 to Jokic's +27. Could the injury from the Ingles collision really have fucked him up and/or is he just inconsistent at this stage of his career? George's defense has been very good too. Fun game. I would be impressed if the Nuggets were to win another game at this stage to be honest. Murray would really have to turn it around for that to happen. Can't rely on MPJ and Grant to be your secondary scoring when Jokic slows down or is on the bench.

• Thanks 1

Even without Giannis, the Bucks are such a great fucking team defensively. Yeah, coach Bud is the shits at adjustments which gets exposed in the playoffs both in ATL and now with Milwaukee, but he's a great systems guy. That he's had to adjust the offense to centre around Middleton with lots of motion off the ball is a blessing in disguise, though obviously they're a significantly better team with Antetokounmpo. 

edit: though honestly, it looks like they'll also rely on Bledsoe to get to the paint and force help. On those plays, the Bucks shooters are stationary for kickouts, just as they are with Giannis driving. Difference is there's no wall, just help defense.

Edited by Jiji

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

As a Giannis fan (I know, I know) I just wanted to say they deserved to lose with all that happened. Miami looked good. Good luck to @Lawful Metaland have fun gloating. 

There’s no gloating. Either Giannis gets the slander that Harden gets, or he doesn’t. I’d prefer if neither gets it. If he leaves the Bucks, though (especially for GS or MIA) he deserves whatever shit KD got.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

There’s no gloating. Either Giannis gets the slander that Harden gets, or he doesn’t. I’d prefer if neither gets it. If he leaves the Bucks, though (especially for GS or MIA) he deserves whatever shit KD got.

I can see him going to Miami unless the Bucks back the truck up to his door. I'm sure he'd rightfully get shit for going to Miami though not sure how objective I'd be in that situation. For some reason I don't see him in GS unless I'm missing something. 

38 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I can see him going to Miami unless the Bucks back the truck up to his door. I'm sure he'd rightfully get shit for going to Miami though not sure how objective I'd be in that situation. For some reason I don't see him in GS unless I'm missing something. 

They do have the number two pick to offer in a trade. That’s the only thing I can think of for why they’d be in the running for him.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The problem with backing up the Brinks truck to Giannis is that truck'll be smaller thanks to COVID, so if he stays I'm thinking he does the 1+1 extensions until the NBA's revenue corrects itself, whenever that is. Unless his ankle is not doing well but it's been diagnosed as a sprain, so he should be fine.

Human megaphone Stephen A. Smith suggested Portland as a landing spot. I don't think the Blazers have the pieces but fuck would I love to watch Giannis and Dame play together. I'd drive down there for a few games a year I think.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

When Rajon Rondo is dropping back to back threes on you, it's just not your night.

in back to back games, no less. Fuck LA. Also, Russ has apparently never been fouled on a drive.  Not that he'd actually hit the free throws, but Jesus.  And while LeBron has never actually committed a foul, he is allowed to make foul calls for the refs if he throws a big enough tantrum. 

Get well, House.

I can’t feel any sympathy for that incredibly overrated guy in Houston when I didn’t see anyone feeling bad for Luka having to try to carry a worse supporting cast against the Clippers in Round 1. 

At least this guy has Westbrick on the court with him. Who was Luka’s #2 Seth Curry? 

54 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

I can’t feel any sympathy for that incredibly overrated guy in Houston when I didn’t see anyone feeling bad for Luka having to try to carry a worse supporting cast against the Clippers in Round 1. 

At least this guy has Westbrick on the court with him. Who was Luka’s #2 Seth Curry? 

Kristaps? I felt sorry for Luka aka White Harden

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Kristaps? I felt sorry for Luka aka White Harden

Sorry I should have framed my question better. Who was his #2 once Kristaps went down? That’s why I put Seth for the answer. 

In the case of your team I’d feel worse for Harden if he got to the NBA finals at least once with Houston, and lost. He’s had talented teammates, and still not got to the Finals outside of his one trip with OKC. 

Then again I’m sure some people (including you) could tell me I’m overrating CP3, and that the Rockets have got as far as their talent level dictates. I’m definitely open to being told I’m wrong. 

I think a lot of my issue with Harden in particular is I’ve seen Dirk make the finals twice in his career, and win once with less talent on either one of those teams (the team that beat Miami in particular) having less talent than what the Rockets have supplied Harden with in the last 3 years. 

Watching First Take today actually made me like one of Stephen A’s opinions for once. He was telling about Giannis needing help, and how in the history of the NBA the only star player to win a ring without a good #2 behind him was Dirk in 2011. I’d have personally included Hakeem in that since I think considering Kenny Smith or Sam Cassell to be a good #2 is a stretch, but that’s just me. 

The biggest issue for Harden is those two "2-11 while facing elimination" games, especially the one where he also had 12 turnovers. Until he specifically does something to change that narrative, it's the albatross that will keep the "choker" label on him, regardless of whether or not it's fair.

• Thanks 1

its not Harden.

Harden is seeing a defense no other player is seeing in the playoffs. It’s crazy. What’s crazier is that Russ and co. can’t beat the Lakers 4-on-3 after the double team.

“Harden is a choker” — Harden did have the game-winning block in Game 7 a week ago. 

Let’s see if Giannis gets the same level of abuse for his disappearance against Miami (oh and every other 1st round loss / not making the playoffs the whole rest of his career).

We know Dame is apparently bulletproof.

Harden would’ve beat GS in 2018 if CP3 didn’t blow out his hamstring or Scott Foster didn’t do a hit job on them in Game 7. 

I ain’t worried about Harden. I’m worried about everyone else, especially Russ.