DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 8/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

So when are we gonna finally get the epic Robert Stone vs TANK match? It'll be such a great handi-cap match.

I enjoyed Wade on commentary, would not mind if he becomes a permanent fixture.

I feel Gonzalez ain't gonna be long in NXT; she's so god on so many levels, she's just got the total package.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, KidNatural said:

I don't like this booking at all, but who is the obvious answer? Dunne's stuck in Britain, WALTER doesn't seem to want to come over. Priest just got the other title. Thatcher just got there. Velveteen... just no. So maybe Roddy Strong? They had all their eggs in the Kross basket at the worst time. I'm not as anti Finn as most of you, but Cole and Gargano are just so tired. There is no good answer, but this one is probably the worst.

Is Kushida alive?

Would have preferred we got a match with people who have never been NXT champion.

Archer v Swerve v Escobar v Kushida/Reed

Wait... Mauro wasn't calling this show, and possibly won't be calling next week either? Might have to watch it after all.

I am not crazy about those four either but I am such a sucker for Ironman matches. They are easily my favorite stipulation. Chances are they almost always lead to great stories and fun moments. The Bayley/Sasha match was maybe the best match in NXT history and had that iconic moment of Sasha mocking Izzy and the great callback buzzer beater ending.

I think they will do a good job with the outline of the match in terms of when pins occur and the like. I am sure a lot of the spots will be ridiculous. I am sure I will hate Johnny Gargano and his awful expressions in this. But I think it will be a really fun spin on the best match gimmick there is.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I am not crazy about those four either but I am such a sucker for Ironman matches. They are easily my favorite stipulation. Chances are they almost always lead to great stories and fun moments. The Bayley/Sasha match was maybe the best match in NXT history and had that iconic moment of Sasha mocking Izzy and the great callback buzzer beater ending.

I think they will do a good job with the outline of the match in terms of when pins occur and the like. I am sure a lot of the spots will be ridiculous. I am sure I will hate Johnny Gargano and his awful expressions in this. But I think it will be a really fun spin on the best match gimmick there is.

Iron Man matches is one of my favourite stipulation matches along with two out of three falls, the Royal Rumble match and He'll in a Cell. You nailed what made Bayley/Sasha's so great. I'd like to add the following to it:

WZ7Fdnv.gif

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Watching it back, I'm really happy for Breezango. Even if the title is a literal gold watch they deserve it for hanging in there so long and cracking all of us up with the Fashion Police. Plus, Breezy did a Jumbo high knee! That ref really needed to get out of the way though, dude almost botched two spots. 

Seeing Austin Theory and then seeing Mia Yim back to back is so what the fuck is wrong with this company

Poor Spud got rehired just to be a punching bag. Again, great job WWE. 

On the other hand if they are doing something right it's the NXT Women's division. Main was a nice big gal/little gal matchup. Dakota getting knocked off the apron into the cradling arms of Gonzalez cracked me up. Finish had Gonzalez look like a beast.

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is this his punishment for getting over on his own and making WWE look horrible  (for the first time ever, I KNOW ) for releasing someone who obviously loves his job so much?

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Seeing Austin Theory and then seeing Mia Yim back to back is so what the fuck is wrong with this company

Austin is a definite "WTF, WWE?!"  But I may be missing something here about Mia Yim.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't think about it but makes perfect sense. 

EDIT: Mia is well known for being a victim of domestic abuse from another wrestler (for the life of me can't remember who) and being open about it. So you see the dichotomy. 

Yeah, I remember her being a abuse victim.  But it turns out I misread it and thought she did something bad recently.  Whoops.  But yeah, I'm with ya on that one.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Any time he has wrestled in WWE before now he has been a bit of a punching bag. He is kind of good at gaining sympathy that way.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, but two beatings in one segment... it's a bit much.

It was to put over that Dain is very much still a heel. Personally I would have rather they just left it at the save for the simple reason that Dain proving he is still a bastard is just kind of boring to me.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

It was to put over that Dain is very much still a heel. Personally I would have rather they just left it at the save for the simple reason that Dain proving he is still a bastard is just kind of boring to me.

Yeah, I mean he could have just pushed Maverick away and left the ring all pissed off, after Drake tried to thank him. No need to beat the poor guy up further. There is a chance that this will actually lead to something. Which would make their first match happening make a little more sense than it did initially.

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

I don't think they have a good enough relationship with AEW to borrow him.

19 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I think he's probably referring to the infamous " Archer of Infamy " here, but your point still stands.

Bingo.

For the life of me I could not remember his name...

1 minute ago, L_W_P said:

Bingo.

For the life of me I could not remember his name...

Damien Priest. I was originally gonna write "that infamous guy in the hot-tub" , but then I figured there could be more than 0% chance somebody could think I was talking about someone else, and thought better of it...

On 8/28/2020 at 9:26 AM, turk128 said:

I feel Gonzalez ain't gonna be long in NXT; she's so god on so many levels, she's just got the total package.

It is amazing that pretty much the second they have started using (don't call her Reina) Gonzales she has been nothing short of awesome! She's such a female Diesel, it's not even funny! As much as I appreciate Kai, I feel that Gonzales may actually win the NXT title before she does, and I have no problem with that!

• Like 3

On 8/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Austin Theory needs to spend the rest of his life working shows at marketplaces in Mexico and getting his ass kicked by guys like Black Terry.

2 hours ago, Shartnado said:

It is amazing that pretty much the second they have started using (don't call her Reina) Gonzales she has been nothing short of awesome! She's such a female Diesel, it's not even funny! As much as I appreciate Kai, I feel that Gonzales may actually win the NXT title before she does, and I have no problem with that!

If winning their tag matches or getting the big spots are the typical indicators, Raquel has moved ahead on the depth chart. They also having her in line for a future match with Rhea, which is nothing to sneeze at. 

• Like 3