DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 8/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I really hope Ciampa’s not coming back as a babyface.  Not sure what else he can do in NXT as a heel, but I don’t buy him as a babyface or have any desire to cheer him.  

Some guys are just meant to be lifelong heels or faces.  I feel like Ciampa’s one of those guys.

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Maybe the most NXT thing ever.

jump-shark-gif.gif?resize=308,176

I bet that match actually kicks off the first hour, goes to a draw after 60 minutes, and then the sudden victory overtime period takes up the whole second hour of the show, while they talk about it being the historic longest match ever and shit.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don't like this booking at all, but who is the obvious answer? Dunne's stuck in Britain, WALTER doesn't seem to want to come over. Priest just got the other title. Thatcher just got there. Velveteen... just no. So maybe Roddy Strong? They had all their eggs in the Kross basket at the worst time. I'm not as anti Finn as most of you, but Cole and Gargano are just so tired. There is no good answer, but this one is probably the worst.

• Like 1

Breezango/Imperium was good. So happy to see Breezango finally win some gold however long it last.

Swerve/Escobar was nice. They did some neat little things throughout, and I though Escobar looked better here than in most of his previous NXT matches. Looking forward to the street fight next week.

Shotzi/Mia was good, and its always fun to see Stone getting run over by the tank. With a victory here I do wonder if Shotzi will be gettign built for a title shot soon.

Drake/O'Reilly was actually pretty neat while it lasted.

Ciampa's heel turn was nice I suppose. I still have little interest in seeing him in an NXT title match at this point. The 4-way Iron man match could end up good, but I really am so damn ready to see at least two of the 4 participants out of NXT, specifically Ciampa & Cole.

Io/Rhea vs. Dakota/Raquel was so darn good. Loved everything here from Rhea's shock at Raquel being unfazed by her headbutt to how Kai & Raquel dominated with their team work to Mercedes gettign a little payback on Rhea. 

Wade wasn't anything amazing on commentary, but he was decent and just has a great voice you kind of want to listen to. Glad he will be on next week's show. Hopefully its becomes a norm.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Good god damn, that NXT Title Match is between 4 of my least favorite wrestlers going and I'm almost wanting to hate watch it because going through the AWA set is making me too happy.

You can watch the best hour long match ever and the worst in the same week!

• Haha 1