DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Mamba Mentality - 8/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, kenyabaxterZXW said:

giphy.gif

What a great guillotine choke.  Brilliant takedown defense by Bobby Lashley.

The smaller dude was an idiot.  Never shoot for a takedown on a larger man without attempting to soften him up with leg kicks first.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So on top of Benoit and a beheading going on there was also the KKK.  All that prompted WWE to issue a statement.  https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-issues-statement-thunderdome-virtual-fan-videos-318496

That's all well and good but considering they had all these rules you would think they would cut that feed and handle it before it even made air.  So if they can't seem to prevent stuff like this from happening then the only solution is to shut down the webcams.  I would much rather take fake crowd noise over that and if you really need to see humans then bring the PC students in.  Heck, they can even try 10% capacity and I bet it'll be worlds better than this.  But while I was joking earlier I'm really fucking pissed off that this shit is already going on.  And the closer it gets to November the worse it'll be.

Why aren't they arresting the assholes that played this kind of trash?? Whoever played the beheading video should be arrested. Probably cut from the same cloth as the asshole that broke into Sonya's house.   If these people aren't arrested and/or fined you can bet your ass there will be copycats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would hate to think the "minor adjustments" is looking at Keith Lee and stupidly thinking "HE'S FAT PUT SOME SHORTS ON HIM PAL".  I would assume the main reason why they fucked up his entrance music is because I thought Keith Lee was actually doing his own entrance music.  Hard to steal the rights to that shit when they get rid of him.  We will see what they really think of him next week against Orton.  If Orton beats him in his debut then yeah he's fucked.  

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

Who in the fuck mentions Haystacks Calhoun in 2020?

The only time I tend to hear Haystacks Calhoun's name is the the occasional time my father sees me watching wrestling. He turns 70 this year and probably hasn't watched anything since the 70s. If ever there were sign of how out of touch Vince is, that joke making it in says so much..

59 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Wait, isn't that Kona Reeves?  If so that sure wasn't the finest approach when going against Lashley.

Reeves is slightly taller than Lashley and is more thick than the guy Lashley destroyed. Unless Reeves has cut some weight during the pandemic that shouldn't be him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

does WWE really need to own Keith Lee's music? They are hardly strapped for cash.  They would make MORE money with Keith Lee becoming a huge star than they will by trademarking some SHIT generic rock trash. 

WWE is the 'star'. Everyone else is just a cog in the machine.

Vince is signing billion dollar deals for TV. This is only affirming his thinking and the way things are done right now.

Nothing changes until he dies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I hope they give someone a Tom Jones gimmick

Don't you think that Tom Jones might be a bit too current for Vince?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So on top of Benoit and a beheading going on there was also the KKK.  All that prompted WWE to issue a statement.  https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-issues-statement-thunderdome-virtual-fan-videos-318496

That's all well and good but considering they had all these rules you would think they would cut that feed and handle it before it even made air.  So if they can't seem to prevent stuff like this from happening then the only solution is to shut down the webcams.  I would much rather take fake crowd noise over that and if you really need to see humans then bring the PC students in.  Heck, they can even try 10% capacity and I bet it'll be worlds better than this.  But while I was joking earlier I'm really fucking pissed off that this shit is already going on.  And the closer it gets to November the worse it'll be.

Before I die, I want to see a whole WWE crowd show up wearing Rorschach masks.

6 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Why aren't they arresting the assholes that played this kind of trash?? Whoever played the beheading video should be arrested. Probably cut from the same cloth as the asshole that broke into Sonya's house.   If these people aren't arrested and/or fined you can bet your ass there will be copycats. 

Oh, settle down Trips...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D.Z said:

I suspect the ratings are up because fans didn't like the small performance centre setting plus the return of better entrances. And return to live.

How does live move the needle if spoilers didn't get out? For the first few weeks when ratings were cratering, they definitely didn't. The big difference between live and taped over the last three decades was that the taped shows' results were leaked to the sheets/internet in advance so there was no element of surprise.

13 minutes ago, Matt D said:

How does live move the needle if spoilers didn't get out? For the first few weeks when ratings were cratering, they definitely didn't. The big difference between live and taped over the last three decades was that the taped shows' results were leaked to the sheets/internet in advance so there was no element of surprise.

Live doesn't move the needle. It's not the reason for the bump.

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm sure Vince thinks it's Roman being back along with his new technical innovations. With any luck things will be back to subpar next week to confirm this was another failed experiment. 

Roman was clearly on Smackdown. No one tuned in last night expecting to see Roman.

I do think people might want to see the Thunderdome, especially the trainwreck element of it, which was absolutely in play.

I don't know if it's the Thunderdome either.  The new venue debuted on Friday for Smackdown and then was seen again at SummerSlam.  And if anyone missed those shows they could have seen some videos on YouTube. 

My only guess is post-SummerSlam bump.  The numbers are usually better following one of the main 4 PPVs.