DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Mamba Mentality - 8/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I think what I find funniest is that, sure, in concept turning the arena into a giant zoom call makes sense, but no one thought 1 to 2 steps further that basically everyone is just going to be staring blankly at their screen and camera.

36 minutes ago, EVA said:

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO KEITH LEE?

That is all.

While I realize that the question is rhetorical, the answer unfortunately is "the usual."

Keith Lee is about to make his RAW debut ...

"One usual for Keith Lee, coming right up!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

After hearing Keith's new theme and seeing/hearing about the shit that's been on those screens this feels oddly appropriate regarding Raw:

But we do need much more Marios and Pikachus on those screens and much less Benoit and beheadings on there.

So accurate. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Keith Lee needs to cover up, but Otis walks around in a half shirt and the world's smallest trunks.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this company?

The fatter, the funnier: the McMahon entertainment credo

5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Keith Lee needs to cover up, but Otis walks around in a half shirt and the world's smallest trunks.

OIP.Hor16qCOfQfpisHkaRkFigAAAA?pid=Api&d

Vince McMahon. The rot starts at the top.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

EgOt47cWkAAHL1i?format=jpg&name=small

Mario needs a better agent.  Switch console sales are way up since the pandemic started (outselling PS4 and Xbox One) he starred in a very successful Triple-A title just a couple years ago.  Dude is way to relevant to be filling the Pete Rose role of fading star trying to extend his 15 minutes by getting on camera at a wrestling show.

Now, Sonic or Bubsy, I could understand.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Infinit said:

But when you put it like that and also in reference to Nate's post about fat = funny, it's as if Vince ISN'T trying to purposely ruin Keith Lee, he's trying to save him! As in, "if we don't cover him up, people will think he's a comedy character and laugh at him! "

Either way, he's either malicious or completely out of touch, as if we need more evidence of either!

But honestly, he might actually think he's helping! Imagine that!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

Now I love me both some Haystacks Calhoun and Shayna, but who the fuck writes a fat joke, and an incredibly lame one, into a show in 2020?

Vince and also Vince.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Imagine what Vince would do if they ever called Walter to a main roster. He'd be in a body-suit and mask in no time even though he's huge and intimidating.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Mario needs a better agent.  Switch console sales are way up since the pandemic started (outselling PS4 and Xbox One) he starred in a very successful Triple-A title just a couple years ago.  Dude is way to relevant to be filling the Pete Rose role of fading star trying to extend his 15 minutes by getting on camera at a wrestling show.

Now, Sonic or Bubsy, I could understand.

Well to be fair Sonic had a pretty damn good game the last couple years in Sonic Mania.  So between that and the live action movie doing surprisingly well he's not exactly a fading star either.

But Bubsy sure as shit would be in the Pete Rose role.  Heck, I'd even offer Gex who would would be on Raw for free.

Another great WWE experience: hear one of your favorites is debuting on Raw in a main event spot, get a little excited but not too much because they tend to screw with a good thing, tune in, see they've screwed with a good thing, excitement fades, tune out. Rinse, repeat. The hell was he wearing? The hell was that music? And he looks like a dork in his first match? Keith Lee is so talented I don't think they can mess him up forever but this wasn't a great first step. Fingers crossed Payback is a better outing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

After hearing Keith's new theme and seeing/hearing about the shit that's been on those screens this feels oddly appropriate regarding Raw:

But we do need much more Marios and Pikachus on those screens and much less Benoit and beheadings on there.

More Benoit and beheadings, fuck a bunch of WWE.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Now I love me both some Haystacks Calhoun and Shayna, but who the fuck writes a fat joke, and an incredibly lame one, into a show in 2020?

Who in the fuck mentions Haystacks Calhoun in 2020?

Ivar vs Dolph was scrapped, so they re-did the segment with Bobby instead. Several other Raw Underground matches were scrapped too. The rewrites were because of a worse script and Payback is soon.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Keith Lee is so talented I don't think they can mess him up forever...

Oh, you poor innocent... Did you just start watching WWE?

• Like 1

So on top of Benoit and a beheading going on there was also the KKK.  All that prompted WWE to issue a statement.  https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-issues-statement-thunderdome-virtual-fan-videos-318496

“This abhorrent behavior does not reflect WWE‘s values and we have zero tolerance for these unacceptable acts. We are working to ban those involved from future events and per our policies, any inappropriate actions result in the removal from the live stream.”

That's all well and good but considering they had all these rules you would think they would cut that feed and handle it before it even made air.  So if they can't seem to prevent stuff like this from happening then the only solution is to shut down the webcams.  I would much rather take fake crowd noise over that and if you really need to see humans then bring the PC students in.  Heck, they can even try 10% capacity and I bet it'll be worlds better than this.  But while I was joking earlier I'm really fucking pissed off that this shit is already going on.  And the closer it gets to November the worse it'll be.

• Like 2

Shocking news here.  

Vince McMahon made numerous changes yesterday morning and throughout Monday, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Radio. Vince then arrived to RAW around 7 pm ET to make a few more minor adjustments.

The final scripting of the show reportedly went out after 9 pm ET, so RAW was an hour into the show before an official script was completed.