DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Mamba Mentality - 8/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Ryan Satin's post looked like an attempt to tell the type of joke that Malcolm Velli would tell but because it was from Ryan it wasn't funny. 

And given Benoit's appearance, as well as GCW, Fire Velveteen Dream, and...ahem, an image of a KKK dude popping up, i wouldnt be shocked if someone makes a production call to just bank a bunch of footage from the fans that have been acting accordingly to what WWE wants and start to just recycle that in the Thunderdome moving forward instead of going live with everyone, like looping footage of the people that have been cheering and clapping like how Keanu Reeves and Jeff Daniels tricked Dennis Hopper in Speed. 

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

And given Benoit's appearance, as well as GCW, Fire Velveteen Dream, and...ahem, an image of a KKK dude popping up, i wouldnt be shocked if someone makes a production call to just bank a bunch of footage from the fans that have been acting accordingly to what WWE wants and start to just recycle that in the Thunderdome moving forward instead of going live with everyone, like looping footage of the people that have been cheering and clapping like how Keanu Reeves and Jeff Daniels tricked Dennis Hopper in Speed. 

Don't forget the footage of ISIS beheading someone- that also popped up on the Thunderdome wall.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

GIF

I wish I was joking (and was slightly beaten to it, since I can safely say that was also what @Niners Fan in CT was referring to that he put in before I posted.) 

...we all saw the Thunderdome contract last week- the people pulling this shit do know that WWE knows who they are and has reason to strike them down, right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

I wish I was joking (and was slightly beaten to it, since I can safely say that was also what @Niners Fan in CT was referring to that he put in before I posted.) 

...we all saw the Thunderdome contract last week- the people pulling this shit do know that WWE knows who they are and has reason to strike them down, right?

I feel like you gotta start off with beheading and not bury the lede.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Don't forget the footage of ISIS beheading someone- that also popped up on the Thunderdome wall.

I would love to see the reaction of "okay he is coming out to the ring start clapping people" guy

Sure it was a video of a beheading but man did you hear his crowd reaction

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Lumberjack Match:  Isn't it the job of the lumberjacks to keep the action in the ring?  They didn't do that. They also acted like they were afraid to get into it with the wrestlers. They are also wrestlers. Why would they be afraid?  

The gimmick is a ruse.  There has never been a lumberjack match in the history of lumberjack matches where chicanery wasn't a part of the booking.

If you want the action to stay mostly in the ring, you book a cage match or a strap match / chain match / dog collar match.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

After hearing Keith's new theme and seeing/hearing about the shit that's been on those screens this feels oddly appropriate regarding Raw:

But we do need much more Marios and Pikachus on those screens and much less Benoit and beheadings on there.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

But we do need much more Marios and Pikachus on those screens and much less Benoit and beheadings on there.

This is absolute truth, but from what I could tell, it seemed that Pikachu wasn't too interested to be there. Very nonplussed, barely a reaction.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

This is absolute truth, but from what I could tell, it seemed that Pikachu wasn't too interested to be there. Very nonplussed, barely a reaction.

I don't know much about Pokemon (at least compared to my wife) but I do know that they're lucky Raichu wasn't there.  After hearing Keith Lee's new theme alone he'd use an attack to take out the Thunderdome.

• Haha 3