DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Mamba Mentality - 8/24/2020

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

“Keith who? God dammit pal put a shirt on him”

And give him something generic and lame for theme music.

I love The Hurt Business showing back in the Underground but this was not a good show.  It felt like one of those shows where Vince changed everything last minute.  So many questions.  

Why did it take Orton three punts to put McIntyre on the shelf?  Then he's diagnosed with a possible "skull fracture and bleeding in the brain"  like seriously? He should be out for months and months but of course he will just show up next week like nothing happened right lol. 

Keith Lee:  Why the FUCK did they change his entrance theme?  It was perfect,  this new one is generic rock trash. I don't love his new attire either.  Also, why have him go 50/50 with Randy Orton and then interrupt his match?  None of this did him any favors. 

Lumberjack Match:  Isn't it the job of the lumberjacks to keep the action in the ring?  They didn't do that. They also acted like they were afraid to get into it with the wrestlers. They are also wrestlers. Why would they be afraid?  

Retribution:  Why did they let Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy go?  Unless they are behind it.. but I doubt it.  They are anarchists right?  Why wouldn't they just attack EVERYONE? 

Also, how come they aren't interested in tearing the new set down? 

• Like 2

Keith Lee deserved better than this. He looked like a made man at Survivor Series last year and now dropped the NXT title with little buildup and had his debut cut short. A program that saw him get the upper hand on Orton would be a nice starting point, but I guess they want to use him to help drag the Orton/Drew feud out instead.

Yes! The return of Lawn Dart Rey! That part was exciting.

The only other part I liked was "Raw Underground with Shane McMahon". Remember that one time years ago when Shane took over the third hour and made it all dark, changing the color schemes and such, and then we never saw it again? Was this what that was going to be?

Rest of show was...eh.

Edited by The Green Meanie

You know who else had bleeding in the brain?

FUCKING SHIBATA

And guess what? Shibata ain't wrestling ever again.

Every week I'm like Charlie Brown and this company is Lucy with the football.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I love The Hurt Business showing back in the Underground but this was not a good show.  It felt like one of those shows where Vince changed everything last minute.  So many questions.  

A winner is you.

• Like 1

The Hurt Business stuff was fun as usual and helped out Raw Underground a good deal. The new setup is better than PC one as well.

I have no idea what they were doing with Shayna & Nia. The random decision to tag them against Bayley & Sasha for the belts is just dumb. Not sure what the hell was going on during the Lumberjack match either with the lumberjacks doing all of jack shit until the very end with Shayna keeping Bayley form interfering.

Keith Lee not having his NXT music was complete bullshit. I think he  looked fine otherwise, but just throwing him in there to extend Drew/Orton is ridiculous. Same with Orton needing three punts to keep Drew down. Almost feels like it was done purely because of HBK's shitty selling of the punt from last week.

The six women tag was fun.

Lana & Nattie mocking Mickie was fine I guess though it feels like there should have been more between them feud wise before reaching a segment like this.

The Mysterios vs. Seth/Murphy was actually decently fun. The Retribution attack wasn't too bad either. I do wish Seth and Murphy actually continued to run or they revealed Retribution is some bs Rollins has been behind all this time. Otherwise I'm not quite sure why the group stopped at beating Rey and Dominick while letting Rollins and Murphy watch from the ramp.

This was not a good show. Definitely felt like another last minute write up with them rushing to come up with whatever for Payback which is a show that should not be happening so damn close to Summerslam anyways.

33 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't usually make these comparisons but for RAW to have a show like this two days after AEW had one of the best television programs of the year makes all of this even worse. 

There's been plenty of weeks like that, but what makes this particularly worse is completely fumbling the Keith Lee re-debut. They should have built that shit up like Jericho's first appearance on Raw. Built up to it with teaser videos or something. THEN he comes out to interrupt Orton or whoever the fuck and you let the guy speak for himself instead of sounding like a dork. There was nothing remotely cool about anything he was saying. Dude was awesome in NXT. Also, hey, you may actually pop a decent rating for people tuning into see who this big mystery debut is, but Vince has completely lost his touch, not that they want to build stars anyway.

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There's been plenty of weeks like that, but what makes this particularly worse is completely fumbling the Keith Lee re-debut. They should have built that shit up like Jericho's first appearance on Raw. Built up to it with teaser videos or something. THEN he comes out to interrupt Orton or whoever the fuck and you let the guy speak for himself instead of sounding like a dork. There was nothing remotely cool about anything he was saying. Dude was awesome in NXT. Also, hey, you may actually pop a decent rating for people tuning into see who this big mystery debut is, but Vince has completely lost his touch, not that they want to build stars anyway.

I'm not saying this is the case (not with the Lee situation anyway) but it's almost as if Roman deciding to come back has Vince saying fuck everything I got my meal ticket. I like what they did with Roman last night but it's clear they had other plans for Bray/Braun/Alexa and scrapped the whole thing and now are fast tracking Roman onto Payback. 

• Like 1