DVDVR Message Board

A New DC Video Game Thread

The Natural

• 2 months later...

To continue to ensure that the game shoots itself in the foot

Rocksteady has revealed that an internet connection is required to play Suicide Squad... even if you are doing the single player

• Sad 1

On 2/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, RIPPA said:

As noted elsewhere - the gameplay is not really exciting folks

That doesn't look good.

On 2/26/2023 at 10:12 PM, RIPPA said:

To continue to ensure that the game shoots itself in the foot

Rocksteady has revealed that an internet connection is required to play Suicide Squad... even if you are doing the single player

Hate when this happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League is an even bigger shit show. Early access was up for two hours but servers have been taken down. Why? A number of people logging in for the first time have full story completion. That's allowed for big cutscenes involving the late great Kevin Conroy as Batman for the last time to be on YouTube already. Seen one and I hate it.

Edited by The Natural

On 1/29/2024 at 1:04 PM, The Natural said:

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League is an even bigger shit show. Early access was up for two hours but servers have been taken down. Why? A number of people logging in for the first time have full story completion. That's allowed for big cutscenes involving the late great Kevin Conroy as Batman for the last time to be on YouTube already. Seen one and I hate it.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler

Batman uses guns and kills people. This goes against everything Batman stands for even accounting for the brainwashing. Batman gets lectured by Harley Quinn who murders him propped up on a bench defenceless. What a horrible way to kill and end Arkhamverse Batman. This is Arkhamverse Batman who took down Arkham Asylum and Arkham City in one night. I'm trying not to let it taint those two games I love while knowing that's it for Arkhamverse Batman, it's in the same universe. I think it's the late great Kevin Conroy's last performance in the part also. So fucked off.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Spoiler warning:

Hide contents

I think it's the late great Kevin Conroy's last performance in the part also. So fucked off.

Spoiler

IGN is reporting that Conroy still has possibly one more Batman performance that will release Posthumously.

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-isnt-kevin-conroys-final-batman-performance

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...