DVDVR Message Board

A New DC Video Game Thread

The Natural

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

SS game is set in the arkham verse.

That seems unlikely with the SS Deadshot being black. Seems like both games are their own things with SS pulling from the first movie and the modern comics. 

The Rocksteady guy said it was a continuation of their Arkham story during the presentation.

I’m interested in whatever Rocksteady is doing, but without showing any gameplay, that reveal didn’t do much for me.

Gotham Knights. Like how you can play as the Bat family around Gotham City unlike Nightwing/Robin in Batman: Arkham City. Loved using Nightwing in the combat challenge maps. No Freeflow combat but numbers appearing when you beat up a thug? Not sold on that. The Freeflow combat system is so rhythmic and satisfying when you build a combo up. Pretty sure you'll be able to play as Batman either in the main story or via DLC. I'd be more pumped if it was Rocksteady and not WB Montreal, they did some dumb things with Batman: Arkham Origins.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. I liked this even though I have little interest in Suicide Squad related things. Selling point of it to me is you taking on the heroes and not the hero/heroes taking on the villains as you usually do in games.

I likely won't play either. I own an Xbox 360 and only play that when the mood strikes me. I would really like to play Spider-Man and maybe Batman: Arkham Knight to complete the Rocksteady Arkham Trilogy. I wish the trilogy concluded on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 to go with the two previous Arkham games by them: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Edited by The Natural

I really hope there's still some semblance of free flow combat in Gotham Knights. That's part of what made the Arkham series so appealing.

I hope there's a DLC or something where you can still play as Batman. 

Rocksteady doing Suicide Squad seems ambitious for them. We'll see how it works. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I really hope there's still some semblance of free flow combat in Gotham Knights. That's part of what made the Arkham series so appealing.

I hope there's a DLC or something where you can still play as Batman. 

Rocksteady doing Suicide Squad seems ambitious for them. We'll see how it works. 

Great minds think alike as the saying goes ;).

• Like 1

I am positive Batman will show up in the third act of Gotham Knights as the big SWERVE~!

Or they will just go the Justice League route and eventually make it clear in the trailer that Superman's not dead... err... that you can still play as Batman

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am positive Batman will show up in the third act of Gotham Knights as the big SWERVE~!

Or they will just go the Justice League route and eventually make it clear in the trailer that Superman's not dead... err... that you can still play as Batman

Spoiler warning!

;).

Just now, Raziel said:

So, no kvetching about Supes casually dusting someone in the SS trailer?  Or are we all assuming evil clone or Ultraman?

A Bizarro version of Superman without the give away look/mannerisms of Bizarro? Taken a page from Injustice Supes?

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, no kvetching about Supes casually dusting someone in the SS trailer?  Or are we all assuming evil clone or Ultraman?

Yeah - I am guessing most people are just going with bizzaro Superman (or I guess a poisoned Injustice Superman)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Braniacs ship is in the background, and Supes eyes were pink/purple. I'm 99% sure we are dealing with mind control, and they actually can't kill any of the Justice League, and end up just ending the mind control. 

• Like 2

Obviously with Suicide Squad - to me - its success or failure will depend on your AI companions (I mean if you can always play with 3 other people co-op more power to you)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

With them doing the Court story I would kind of be shocked if Bruce hasn't somehow just faked his own death or had his death faked by them Court.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

With them doing the Court story I would kind of be shocked if Bruce hasn't somehow just faked his own death or had his death faked by them Court.

Those crossed my mind along with:

Bruce Wayne trapped in the Court's Labyrinth or Bruce turned into a Talon.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Being real, I don't even think this would be a twist. It's just the obvious conclusion. 

Like the real twist to me would be Batman IS dead, and it really is on the Bat Family to take over everything on this. That would be significantly more interesting then "Batman faked his death again!"

• Like 2

So is Gotham Knights dropping the free flow combat? Stealth rooms? I heard someone else compare it to The Division. If that's what this game is going to be, then I'm skipping it for sure. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

See, I get why they don't do Deadshot straight from the pages of the comics (because he'd look like a second rate copy of Deadpool (even though 'Pool was a parody of 'Shot originally). But that's no reason to instead make him a second rate copy of War Machine.