DVDVR Message Board

We Don't Need Another Smackdown - 8/21/2020

Dolfan in NYC

There were plenty of times the same person appeared on multiple screens, weren't there? This one guy was sitting next to himself for a while. And some crowd shots had four of the one green shirt guy in them. And for all that, most of the fans might as well have been cardboard cutouts. With the exception of the guy with the disco lights, not a lot of dynamic movement in the crowd. I guess that even the sort of person who would dance to a wrestler's music when at the show live, wouldn't necessarily do that while at home watching on the telly. Although the fan-screens disappeared during entrances anyway, so it wouldn't matter if they had danced.

It's a tough call on the Mandy/Sonya thing. I'm not sure you can completely ignore what happened this week but the more you acknowledge it(or even turn it in to an angle, as they kinda did with Mandy's promo tonight) the more these dimwits out there may be inclined to try something like that again for the attention/glorification.

• Like 2

The Thunderdome is a definite improvement over the completely empty rows of chairs Performance Centre. But the more recent PC shows with Shotzi and Bivens as ringside fans, that felt like a wrestling show with live fans. This was a bunch of bright colours and bored looking fans looking bored.

• Like 1

Checked email and did some work on the computer during the show, so I wasn't really focused on the presentation, but I thought Thunderdome was a big improvement over the performance center.  Didn't really notice audio issues and the video screens were less distracting than expected.  I didn''t feel like a handful of trainees in the pc added much to the atmosphere of the shows and the visual of "fans" in masks behind plexiglass barriers made for terrible tv, imo.