DVDVR Message Board

You'll Never See Raw Coming - 8/17/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Show was decent.  It helped I was switching back and forth between it, NBA and the convention.  

RAW Underground was better this week.   They did a couple things I liked.  Moss and Arturo had a good little back and forth before they broke it up. I'm not sure why it was broken up but both men came out of it looking strong,  building up their characters so I'm fine with it.  

I also like that angles are playing out on underground so we saw Nia Jax pop up and fuck with Shayna and her crew.  Dolph looked credible for the first time in about 3 years. 

Everything involving Asuka,  Shayna,  Bayley and Sasha was good..  

Orton killing HBK was predictable but the build up for this Orton and McIntyre match has been good. 

I actually dug Arturo/Moss.

Mickie/Nattie would have been nice if they didn't feel the need to have Seth shouting at Joe to tell him his sources during the match. Fuck whoever thought that was a good idea.

Ruby/Peyton was solid though its a shame Peyton hasn't hit her twisting brainbuster again as well as that first time 

Semi-face Shayna feels wrong. The tag with Asuka against Bayley/Sasha was solid. Marina & Duke showing up later for Raw Underground was interesting. Marina looked nice taking apart her opponent in the Underground. Nia cheapshotting The MMA Horsewomen and then walking off was an asshole move I approve of.

Hurt Business was still decent for the segments. The elimination tag a nice moment for Lashley, Apollo, and even Cedric to agree despite not being in the match.

The Mysterios' revenge on Seth & Murphy was nice.

I continue to wonder what the point of Retribution is.

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Why isn't Shane O'Mac getting his Raw Underground MMA badasses to hunt and end the Retribution dweebs?

Retribution hasn't fucked with RAW Underground yet, there's levels.  While Dom's crew was jacking DVD players,  McCauly's crew was taking down banks and armored cars. 

• Like 1

What’s handy about Raw going up against NHL playoffs is that I can switch over and watch an entire 2 minute power play with 2-3 whistles and switch back over to Raw and they’re still showing replays from previous weeks.  

Only problem with the NHL playoffs running up against Raw is that at one point the signal got a little choppy and froze up and, for just a second, I thought “Oh great, here comes Retribution!” 

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

My satellite actually went out due to an oncoming storm so I missed the end ?

It was probably Retribution. 

Seriously WWE should never unmask Retribution and just use them as an excuse any time there is a production snafu.  Misspell Zack Ryder’s name? No that was Retribution 

37 minutes ago, caley said:

IMisspell Zack Ryder’s name? No that was Retribution 

Bad finish?  No that was Retribution.  They broke into the writers room and tore up the script leaving the superstars to have to figure it out for themselves.  

Retribution effectively Russofied. 

47 minutes ago, caley said:

It was probably Retribution. 

Seriously WWE should never unmask Retribution and just use them as an excuse any time there is a production snafu.  Misspell Zack Ryder’s name? No that was Retribution 

Zack Ryder is with the competition, sir.