DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

God damn, Inside the NBA had some really good stuff on John Thompson. The Grant Hill piece was something else and Ernie was getting emotional. Even as a kid growing up in Canada before the NCAA tournament was big, big TV up here or at least not to my awareness, I knew of the Fab 5, Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, and John Thompson. 

• Like 1

If Denver had one good defender, just one, they'd have swept the Jazz.  The Jazz have Mitchell on offense, Gobert on defense, and a bunch of dudes who are average on both sides of the court.  Seriously, Gobert does enough defensively that they're legitimately in every single game.  The Nuggets don't have anyone who they can count on to make a stop.  This feels like the right result, but somehow doesn't feel deserved.

• Like 2

And it somehow got even uglier. That was such a sad way for a series to end that was so great up until today. Even the end was awful.

Also not great: how far Conley's game has fallen off since those vintage grindhouse Grizzlies era 6-8 years ago. I know he was coming back after leaving for the birth of his child but, damn. His defense isn't there anymore and while he's pretty good offensively still he's getting paid $32 million for another year. Bogdanovic is a big miss but the others were so scared to shoot at the end because nobody could make a shot. Not a lot of wiggle room I'd think this offseason, so hope Bogdanovic, Conley, and Gobert can provide Mitchell enough help next year.

Murray looked like a ghost in the second half. He wasn't great in the first but he was super passive after the collision with Ingles. 

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

And it somehow got even uglier. That was such a sad way for a series to end that was so great up until today. Even the end was awful.

Also not great: how far Conley's game has fallen off since those vintage grindhouse Grizzlies era 6-8 years ago. I know he was coming back after leaving for the birth of his child but, damn. His defense isn't there anymore and while he's pretty good offensively still he's getting paid $32 million for another year. Bogdanovic is a big miss but the others were so scared to shoot at the end because nobody could make a shot. Not a lot of wiggle room I'd think this offseason, so hope Bogdanovic, Conley, and Gobert can provide Mitchell enough help next year.

Murray looked like a ghost in the second half. He wasn't great in the first but he was super passive after the collision with Ingles. 

Conley is washed.  He has been bad all year long, and looks like he hasn't realized he isn't in his prime any more.  He dropped off really quickly.

• Sad 1

It makes so much sense now:

invasion.gif?w=379

Westbrook at the end of game 6:

Donald_Sutherland_bodysnatchers_scream.jpg

(why else would he be so weirded out about that camera in the tunnel outside the dressing room? Invasion of his privacy? Hah, he's famous! He isn't allowed privacy!)

They're all out to get poor James Harden and Lawful Metal. When you can't even trust your own teammates... damn.