DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

When you score one FG in an OT, that will normally lose you the game.

Seems to be the case in most NBA OTs. One team will show up and quickly pull away.

• Like 1

That was one of the best games I've seen. Just crazy momentum swings. Trey Burke balled his balls off. Morris hit the biggest shot of his career. Kawhi looked to have taken over in OT. But fuck that. Luka Doncic. I still don't understand how he's able to beat guys off the dribble but he's really sneaky and powerful. People talk about his agility but I don't think it's that either. His feet look like they're moving slow but they aren't and he's a master of the pick and roll.

Kawhi was playing amazing defense on Luka late in the fourth. He wasn't giving him an inch. Even Morris was giving Luka problems near the end. Yet, the Clippers switches led to Reggie Jackson(maybe Lu Williams once too) on Luka in a couple of key moments. Obviously not the matchup the Clippers want in those situations...

Lu Williams is just an offensive machine and nearly cover for Paul George's terrible shooting night. Kawhi knows how to get to his spots(also knows how to use push offs to lose defenders) and just hit shots.

I believe after tonight's game Maxi Kleber is shooting 1-17 in this series. That's a 5 percent 3 point shooting percentage. Dallas does not have a lot wing options but I see your pain Dallas fans.

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What happened? I was watching Summerfest

Stepped on a defender's foot, rolled his ankle.

This Jazz/Nuggets game is really good too. Murray/Mitchell go for 45/50 respectively with 21 seconds to go. This league is so full of talent right now. It's a great time to be a fan. 

Gimme that Jazz/Bucks final baby. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

Kawhi was playing amazing defense on Luka late in the fourth. He wasn't giving him an inch. Even Morris was giving Luka problems near the end. Yet, the Clippers switches led to Reggie Jackson(maybe Lu Williams once too) on Luka in a couple of key moments. Obviously not the matchup the Clippers want in those situations...

Lu Williams is just an offensive machine and nearly cover for Paul George's terrible shooting night. Kawhi knows how to get to his spots(also knows how to use push offs to lose defenders) and just hit shots.

I believe after tonight's game Maxi Kleber is shooting 1-17 in this series. That's a 5 percent 3 point shooting percentage. Dallas does not have a lot wing options but I see your pain Dallas fans.

Here is the thing, that is really out of character for Maxi. He's normally a very reliable outside shooter. At this point, I'd like to see Rick use him more as a runner like he did with Powell. You kinda need to keep Kleber on the floor due to him being one of the only good defenders we have. I liked that MKG got some decent minutes, and I thought he did a pretty fair job defending Kawhi.

Rockets couldn't buy a 3 after they hit was it 8 in a row to open the second half? Harden's shot in the 4th looked flat and short. He's tired already. (that couldn't possibly come back at me. nope.)