DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is Sabremetrics - 8/14/2020

Dolfan in NYC

There were a lot of really good promo segments tonight.  Bayley and Sasha were great on the mic and at ringside during the battle royal.  MANDY ROSE cut the promo of her life...  Sonya cut another great promo for their feud.  AJ Styles and Joseph Parks! were hilarious together during that little TNA reunion with Jeff.  I'd say Alexa and Braun were really good too, I don't quite understand what's going on with The Fiend but it's interesting...  

I'm looking forward to Hair vs. Hair with Mandy and Sonya and Asuka challenging for both Sasha and Bayley at SummerSlam..  

Retribution went and recruited their uncles tonight so that was nice. 

• Like 1

Just now, hammerva said:

So Braun is a heel?

Is say so after last week when he said he didn't care for Alexa Bliss and what he did tonight. The Fiend inverts people. Seth went from face to heel and Daniel Bryan heel to face.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Braun is a heel?

The best answer I have is "For now.."  because he's in a trance.  He's gone back to the old Braun Stroman who was a monster plain and simple.  This is what The Fiend wanted I think..though Braun seems more focused now so maybe that will end up costing The Fiend in the end.  Or maybe Braun fucked himself by not saving Alexa. 

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The best answer I have is "For now.."  because he's in a trance.  He's gone back to the old Braun Stroman who was a monster plain and simple.  This is what The Fiend wanted I think..though Braun seems more focused now so maybe that will end up costing The Fiend in the end.  Or maybe Braun fucked himself by not saving Alexa. 

OR - Bald Strowman is a different person just like Bray/The Fiend/Old Bray is three now.

Fuck it,  I think Smackdown was my favorite wrestling show I watched this week I have to be fair.  Everything clicked,  everyone was on their A-game.  Normally I'd go with AEW but Jericho was awful in the main event and the only segment I truly loved was Tully/Arn.  

• Like 1

Retribution didn't come across as completely dumb for once with their attack on Big E & Morrison. Even the beatdown on the refs and backstage crew later during the restarted match was decent enough.

Bayley & Sasha were wonderful assholes as usual. The battle royal was pretty solid. That said, I'm not a big fan of Asuka winning it. She better be taking at least one belt home come the end of Summerslam.

Mandy's & Sonya's promos were good. I think their match at Summerslam will likely be the weakest on the women's side and yet it definitely has more of my interest than any other match at the moment. I only wish they were given a no dq stip as well so they could just straight up brawl.

The AJ/Jeff segment lost me at the PISS acronym, but seemed decent otherwise.

It was nice to see Kalisto return.

I skipped The Braun segment. Not sure what it is, but Braun working with the usual FFH/Fiend stuff does not interest me. Dragging it out this long has probably hurt it for me.