DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, we didn't get Bogdan but at least the Bucks got..DJ Augustin and Bobby Portis?

Haha, this sucks!

51 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Raptors retain Fred Van Vleet for 4/85. So glad he's saying.

Incredibly happy for him and he deserves every bit of it.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Gordon Heyward to the Hornets

4 years, $120 million

The is from Wojo who got it directly from his agent

I don't get the Gordon Heyward love. What has he done in his career other than being pretty good on a few ok Utah Jazz teams?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Hey, we didn't get Bogdan but at least the Bucks got..DJ Augustin and Bobby Portis?

Haha, this sucks!

Incredibly happy for him and he deserves every bit of it.

They really could've used a good 3&D wing to fill a Bogdan squared sized hole. Bobby Portis and DJ Augustin are not that at all. Don't really get what they're doing after that awesome night of going all in. 

I take it they don't have any space left for one last addition? 

Edited by Jiji

32 minutes ago, Jiji said:

They really could've used a good 3&D wing to fill a Bogdan squared sized hole. Bobby Portis and DJ Augustin are not that at all. Don't really get what they're doing after that awesome night of going all in. 

I take it they don't have any space left for one last addition? 

I would have to look at a cap sheet but I'm pretty sure Portis and Augustin used up their exceptions so they'd either have to make trades or sign guys to minimum contracts for here on out.  But it sounds like they'll also have some hard cap issues.

I really wish they hadn't let Wes Matthews walk, but I don't know how  much of that was his decision.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Apparently the Bucks/Pelicans Holiday trade has become a Bucks/Pelicans/Thunder/Cavs trade that now also involves Steven Adams going to Nawlins and various pieces and picks flowing differently.

Yet another first round pick to OKC. They're going to be running the draft soon enough. 

Edited by Jiji

34 minutes ago, Infinit said:

????

Toronto proved everyone who thought they should've blown it up and started a rebuild wrong last season (including me) and had an excellent season and a decent playoff run that fell a little short... And wound up in the exact same spot of "do they keep the team together and try one more time, or move the veterans for assets and rebuild" except now some of those veterans are free agents.

It was absolutely worth it to make the Leonard rental, they got the chip. But they literally seem to have hoped right back on that "really good but not good enough" treadmill they were on beforehand. I don't even know what the right move is. Siakam, OG Anunoby, and Van Vleet are too good to actually go full rebuild, but I feel like the (sentiment about him being a franchise legend aside) Lowry question has no right answer.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Toronto proved everyone who thought they should've blown it up and started a rebuild wrong last season (including me) and had an excellent season and a decent playoff run that fell a little short... And wound up in the exact same spot of "do they keep the team together and try one more time, or move the veterans for assets and rebuild" except now some of those veterans are free agents.

It was absolutely worth it to make the Leonard rental, they got the chip. But they literally seem to have hoped right back on that "really good but not good enough" treadmill they were on beforehand. I don't even know what the right move is. Siakam, OG Anunoby, and Van Vleet are too good to actually go full rebuild, but I feel like the (sentiment about him being a franchise legend aside) Lowry question has no right answer.

Lowry for Westbrook who says no

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think (hope) Masai may have some sort of inside track on Giannis. I don't think he has made any WTF moves yet, so I'm happy to trust the process and enjoy the ride before we think about rebuilding.