DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

20 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The Lakers want to trade for Demar Derozan? Have they not seen him play?

Playing behind LeBron and AD and not having the pressure of being a franchise player would be a great spot for Demar. He's still pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I'd like him as a 3rd option more than a 1st option but he's still the same guy who shoots too many mid-range shots and as his athleticism goes that's only going to get worse.

He relies more on precision and accuracy than explosion.  I don't think that mid range jump shot he relys too much on isn't going to fade that badly as him athleticism goes.

What Beech said, plus his mid-range game is just barely teetering on the edge of being acceptably efficient (he shot somewhere in the high 40s last season) and given that the majority of his mid-rangers are off the dribble if he can't create separation that could definitely crater.

If they can somehow convince him to opt out and take part of the MLE I think it could be fine given the lack of other wing options, but I also think he'd be crazy to pass up on $27M

I think if Houston's priority is going to be clearing their books and rebuilding the Knicks are their best choice for a trade since they can entirely match Westbrook's salary with contracts that end after 20-21.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Udonis Haslem is signing a 1-year $2.5M with the Heat and I can stave off being older than every active NBA player for one more year.

BTW, this is 100% the Heat paying him to be a coach who occasionally puts on a uniform.  It's also a thank you for the pay cut he took to make sure Wade/Bron/Bosh all got their salaries and there'd still be cap room left. 

You all talk about GOATs.   There is only one, and he wears #40. 

• Like 2

That's the kind of all in move I love to see a team take. Booker and Ayton looked ready to compete, and now they get CP3 coming off a legit great season. It's a strong move, and a win now move, and I love it.

That team is going to be so much fun if it all clicks and Paul doesn't suddenly decline (or get injured)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

If I'm Houston, the Nets wouldn't get Harding without either Durant or Irving, or both, coming my way.

I know she gets headlines, but I don't think Tonya will sell enough merch and tickets to justify that.

• Haha 3