DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, MarcosLoura said:

Are we playing fantasy this year folks? 

I am don't have time (or interest) in running the league this year so if you guys want a league someone else will have to start it

James Harden has added Miami and Milwaukee on his 'get me the fuck out of east Texas' list.  

So, add them to Brooklyn and Philly on places that won't give up half their team and/or the rest of their first round picks for the decade. 

• Like 1

Every other NBA teams fans in October: Harden is the biggest choker in NBA history is a literal Cheater and fraud and manipulates the game and the refs just go along with it and he travels and he sucks 

Every other NBA teams fans in December: please trade for Harden!!!!!

Look, if Harden passes his COVID nonsense and gets back on the court and starts hooping, I have no problem with him. I want him to stay. I think Harden-Wall-Wood-Boogie can contend (if healthy) moreso than with Westbrook (fuck him). 

Harden coming back and playing well is also his biggest leverage if he wants to get the hell out. Ball out, and some team is gonna get desperate and make an offer the Rockets can’t refuse.

I also don’t have high hopes for the Nets — we don’t know what Durant is going to look like, and there’s a real history of dudes coming back from Achilles injuries getting another serious injury (see Klay, Boogie etc.) or serious decline (also my concern with Wall, but if paired with Harden less concern because of less usage). 

If Kawhi wasn’t successful in faking an injury, sitting out a year in San Antonio forcing a terrible trade to Toronto and winning a championship, I don’t think we get quite the player empowerment issue we’re facing now with Harden and probably Giannis. 

And, of course, RINGZ~! culture where nothing you do matters if you don’t get a ring. Now everyone feels the needs to be on a superteam to even have a chance at a ring. 

Come home, ball out. Maybe you find out the real championship is the friends (Boogie, Wall, Wood, coach Silas) you make along the way. Or maybe he grows up, accepts accountability, and goes supernova in the playoffs (as he so frequently does in the regular season) and actually earns a chip the hard way. Wouldn’t that be something?

(If he gets traded I see Harden to Golden State for Klay and change and Rockets become team Achilles and Fertitta gets to let insurance pay Klay’s salary for the year).

in short, fuck 

Kawhi

Fertitta

Westbrook

Scott Foster

D’Antoni

CP3

Giannis

Anthony Davis

Adam Silver

Danuel House

Westbrook

Morey

Trevor Ariza

NBA refereeing in general 

the Lakers

the Thunder

the Mavs

Greg Popovich

Steve Javie

Windhorst

Pat Riley

Kawhi

the Clippers

the Jazz

Golden State

Steph Curry

Steph Curry’s wife

Tony Brothers

Joey Crawford

Ed Malloy

Russell Westbrook

Paul George 

Giannis

the basketball gods

and finally

Kawhi Leonard

Harden who? Amiright, @Lawful Metal?

I'm pulling for Wall to return to his best this year even if it is for Houston Shitbums. Yeah, it's the first game of a fucked up season but that was some nice acceleration. 

NSFW for swears:

Spoiler

Edited by Jiji

On 12/10/2020 at 10:37 AM, RIPPA said:

I am don't have time (or interest) in running the league this year so if you guys want a league someone else will have to start it

If we have enough people interested in playing, I'll start up a league.

12 hours ago, Jiji said:

Harden who? Amiright, @Lawful Metal?

I'm pulling for Wall to return to his best this year even if it is for Houston Shitbums. Yeah, it's the first game of a fucked up season but that was some nice acceleration. 

NSFW for swears:

Hide contents

Actually, the thought of Harden with this John Wall and this Boogie has me salivating. And it looks like Silas would be willing to play more young guys (as opposed to Mike Dan Tony who preferred a 5-man rotation for some reason) and actually playing big men. The fun part was that this was all done without three starters (Harden, Wood and Tucker).

No idea why Harden would rather play with a no depth Nets team (if the proposed trade went through) than with this Rockets team. 

Injury risk with Wall and Boogie is about the same with KD and Kyrie, but at least Wall and Boogie don’t think the world is flat or refuse to talk to reporters. Kyrie sounds like cancer. And KD is a snake. 

Come home James. 

Sofoklis "Greek Shaq" Schortsanitis has retired from basketball.  He was one of the biggest "wait 'til he gets to the league" euro guys for several years who never actually made it to the NBA.

Then he was just one of the biggest guys period:

schostanitisss-2.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Sofoklis "Greek Shaq" Schortsanitis has retired from basketball.  He was one of the biggest "wait 'til he gets to the league" euro guys for several years who never actually made it to the NBA.

Then he was just one of the biggest guys period:

schostanitisss-2.jpg

Absolute unit. Rockets finally traded the draft rights to Sergio Llull this year. He was our PG of the future forever. 

I want to know how in the world Giannis is escaping criticism for the biggest fucking choke job I have ever seen for last years playoffs.  Giannis should be getting roasted for his #1 seed to get blasted by the #4 seed in the second round.  Yet he's a 2x MVP.  And he still hasn't signed his supermax because he's gonna bolt the Bucks and join some superteam like a snake. 

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I want to know how in the world Giannis is escaping criticism for the biggest fucking choke job I have ever seen for last years playoffs.  Giannis should be getting roasted for his #1 seed to get blasted by the #4 seed in the second round.  Yet he's a 2x MVP.  And he still hasn't signed his supermax because he's gonna bolt the Bucks and join some superteam like a snake. 

Isn't trying to join a super team like a snake exactly what Harden is trying to do now? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, snakes live very well in Southern Florida.  

(assuming of course that the environment of South Florida hasn't been altered by a hunter with a giant beard.)

If what we’ve heard about Harden having say so about when they practice, how hard they practice, what kind of offense they’re gonna have, plus Miami strip clubs, how long until Jimmy Butler literally murders Harden?

Stay in Houston, James. Your life depends on it.

• Like 1

So with Boogie, Wall and Durant looking like themselves so far (and David Nwaba!) and Wesley Matthews being serviceable last year, maybe Achilles tears aren’t a death sentence anymore? 

Knock on (Christian) Wood.

Edited by Lawful Metal